No announcement yet.

Seperate power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never heard of Rodek (maybe because I was born in '83 lol). PG has been going downhill for a while now; although their ZX series amps are really nice. However, they're no match for their old M, MS, and MPS series amps.
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

wow 1983! I'm 1974

M

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat
        5-channel amps are large, and costly. But they're no more expensive than two separate amps. All of the 5 channel amps I've seen are 2-ohm stable in all channels, especially the 5th one. Thus running a sub with two 4 ohm voice coils would be no problem. The old PG special edition amps were 1-0hm (and I *think* some were even 1/2 ohm stable).

If you're giong to run a competition or high-fidelity system, you probably want to go with separate amps. But if you're just running 4 coaxes and a sub, the 5-channel will do the trick.
        Well said. I'm running a Kicker 3-channel, with 75rms/4ohms to the front stage and 420rms/2ohms for the sub. It works wonderfully. Mike, it's funny that you had to use 2 amps because of install issues, I wanted to use 1 for the same reason. 8) This way I have the amp mounted to the right of the ski hole and the sub box to the left, leaving the pass clear if I ever need to use it, and keeping the rest of the cargo area clean and empty.

Comment

Working...
        X