double din in an e30 anyone???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

double din in an e30 anyone???

just curious if anyone has any pics or have ever done this, ive searched but i cant find any threads on any forum on this. i also dont want to have it down low where the ashtray is, id like to reconfigure my heat controls if i have to, i had a pop up alpine at one point but the windsheild washer contol arm was hitting the unit, so id like to stay away from that this time. any input on this guys???

Reconstructive surgery of dashboard: $450
    Relocate heater controls: $350
    Double DIN deck: $1000

Showing up at "the Picnic" with an actual reason for full coverage insurance? : Fuck that.

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post

Showing up at "the Picnic" with an actual reason for full coverage insurance? : Fuck that.
      Originally posted by NavyE30
      I saw Vlad was posting and got excited. Then I saw there weren't any boobs and was sad.

Comment

Originally posted by windsor318is View Post
        just curious if anyone has any pics or have ever done this, ive searched but i cant find any threads on any forum on this. i also dont want to have it down low where the ashtray is, id like to reconfigure my heat controls if i have to, i had a pop up alpine at one point but the windsheild washer contol arm was hitting the unit, so id like to stay away from that this time. any input on this guys???
        SELL ME YOUR ALPINE

I've always been proud of being a Marine.
        I won't hesitate to defend the Corps
        "Supersquad"

‎"Prostitutes are a sub-category of Amusement Parks"-

Comment

get one of those they are like 108 shipped to your door from BMA
          euro 316i HVAC panels. Removes the OBC and centers the radio, pretty cool.

I've always been proud of being a Marine.
          I won't hesitate to defend the Corps
          "Supersquad"

‎"Prostitutes are a sub-category of Amusement Parks"-

Comment

And it still does not look right, I am guessing?

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Yeah, I think the E30 dash is a shithole cosmetically no matter what you do, so I am biased.

Nice is nice, but BMW has always sucked balls on dashboard looks. Cosmetic design-wise, a 1979 Accord kicks its ass, IMO, as does damn near anything this side of 1995 or before 1975 from America, or 95% of Jap crap in the last 15 years.

PPO here, YMMV.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Yea really, it's got almost as much plastic as my friend's Geo Metro.

I even think the dash on the Caddy could be better, and that's x1,000,000 better than the e30's dash.
                -Dave
                2003 Lincoln Towncar | 1992 BMW 325iC | 1968 Cadillac Deville

Need some help figuring out the ETM?

Comment

I dont think the dash looks that bad. haha though I do like the 70 style dashs over any of the modern day stuff.

I also never liked japanese auto interior on any account. It just makes me feel like its build for short asian males.

As far as double din... it would look terrible

Comment

This guy did a pretty good job... I think I might try this far down the road in the future. I've always wanted a carputer. It's not double din, but I prefer a carputer setup to a dbl din.

Carputer Touchscreen
                    "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                    -----------------------------------------
                    91 318is Turbo Sold
                    87 325 Daily driver Sold
                    06 4.8is X5
                    06 Mtec X3
                    05 4.4i X5 Sold
                    92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                    90 325i Sold
                    97 328is Sold
                    01 323ci Sold
                    92 325i Sold
                    83 528e Totaled
                    98 328i Sold
                    93 325i Sold

Comment

hell ya that shit looks gangster...i wanna do something similar
                      Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I agree that this:

is about the best that can be done. He has very nicely dealt with the stupid downward angel that makes our dash looks "droopy".

that car is just sick as hell, too. Guy is an excellent fabricator, great designer...gots skillz, yO!

Closing SOON!

Comment

I did a 1 1/2 din. Just moved flasher and rear defogger to center console next to seat heater switches. Preamp sits above radio. Works for me.

Comment

I agree that this:

is about the best that can be done. He has very nicely dealt with the stupid downward angel that makes our dash looks "droopy".

that car is just sick as hell, too. Guy is an excellent fabricator, great designer...gots skillz, yO!
                            Agreed. That is amazing.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Nice job moving the heater controls. But I want a flip out screen radio.
                              Originally posted by Matt-B
                              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Working...
                              X