Unknown button?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown button?

What is this one circled in yellow? Passenger eject button??? It does nothing when pressed. Also when I turn my lights on at night the two switched to the right of that stay lit up. Are they supposed to?

That would be a window lock someone re-located. My guess is someone stuck it in there as a filler. Thats where i have my window lock, all you have to do is extend the wires like 14 inches from the shifter console to the button.

The second question- Yes they stay lit up when you turn on your lights and they get brighter (or blinks) when you push em.
    harry/harout

Comment

Originally posted by bmw325csi View Post
      That would be a window lock someone re-located. My guess is someone stuck it in there as a filler. Thats where i have my window lock, all you have to do is extend the wires like 14 inches from the shifter console to the button.

The second question- Yes they stay lit up when you turn on your lights and they get brighter (or blinks) when you push em.
      this guy is truth.

if you look on that switch that you have circled you can faintly see the icon for a window with a disconnect symbol on it

then again you have a vert, so that is where the switch started at.

Comment

Push the button, then try your power windows.
        sigpic
        1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
        Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.
        Previous E30: 1986 5 spd. 325es/Delphin Gray/Black Leather/191k

Comment

Its the button that releases the blinker fluid to cool off the muffler bearings

Comment

it releases the rabbits from your tail pipe. PRESS IT! THEY'RE GONNA DIE!
            Greg

Comment

You're all wrong.

It's a circuit breaker for the windows.

Although I guess you can use it as a window lock... although there really isn't a purpose for that in a coupe. The 4-doors have a separate window lock.
              Originally posted by Gruelius
              and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Mr.

Originally posted by smonkbmw View Post
                this guy is truth.

if you look on that switch that you have circled you can faintly see the icon for a window with a disconnect symbol on it

then again you have a vert, so that is where the switch started at.
                ....uh I have a cabrio and my window switch is on the center console
                http://www.steinbachphoto.ca

Comment

press that when your at 6k Rpm's and you hear the vtech kick in.... it looks like a window switch.
                  Operation S/C E39M5.:woowoo:

Comment

Originally posted by steinbachphoto View Post
                    Mine too.
                    sigpic
                    1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
                    Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.
                    Previous E30: 1986 5 spd. 325es/Delphin Gray/Black Leather/191k

Comment

Originally posted by steinbachphoto View Post
                      That's because they was there in the HVAC panel till 87. Then in 88 and on, they put the breaker switch on the console.

1992 BMW 325iC
                      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                        That's because they was there in the HVAC panel till 87. Then in 88 and on, they put the breaker switch on the console.
                        yeah so there!!! lol.

Comment

So verts and 87's have the swith on the console. No hole in near the shifter

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                          My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Actually, only the buttons that have red on the sides(you can see it better if you press the button) are a window "circuit breaker." It even has an adjustment screw on the back for setting the threshold.

All the other ones that are a completely black button are merely a switch - and a pointless one at that.
                            Originally posted by Matt-B
                            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

^wow, crazy. I just noticed that little adjusting screw your talking about.
                              harry/harout

Comment

Working...
                              X