Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cool speaker boxes in a *nice* M3

speaker boxes
    The Classic BMW Car Ezine - Articles and Cars for Sale from Around the World. Buying, Selling or Enthuisiastic about older BMWs? Then check us out!

The rest of the car ain't bad either.
    The Classic BMW Car Ezine - Articles and Cars for Sale from Around the World. Buying, Selling or Enthuisiastic about older BMWs? Then check us out!

Not too shabby, those are cool looking.

Comment

The placement of the midrange (not the 7" midbass) is terrible.
      Originally posted by Gruelius
      and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Yes, that 7" placement sucks. Isn't the stock front location the best, just with more of a forward facing angle then stock.
        sigpic

Comment

The box looks awkward.

Sold it.

Comment

Cool car, Tape deck?

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by trashcop 80s 80s
              Yes, that 7" placement sucks. Isn't the stock front location the best, just with more of a forward facing angle then stock.
              Wow... you sir are a dumbass.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
              https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Originally posted by trashcop 80s 80s
                The 7" midbass where the map pocket was is fine, actually better than the stock location. However, the 4" midrange up about bicep level is terrible.

Comment

I'd think the premium tweeter mount would be better for imaging, my ears seem to like them up there more. Also, that car really needs to be lowered.

Comment

I swear I've always heard that kickpanels are a better place for the woofer component but whatever.
                    sigpic

Comment

My infinitiy tweeter in the stock location is PERFECT to my ears. I think the Woofer location should be good but the mid should be in the stock location. I would not have a tweeter near the woofer like that one, but I would like to get something like that for my 8" infinity woofer which I am in the process of fighting with a location for.

Not many options in the cabrio.....

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

The stock speaker placement would be better if it was angled towards you instead of facing directly away from the side of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Matto
                          The stock speaker placement would be better if it was angled towards you instead of facing directly away from the side of the car.
                          Thats what I was saying in my first post. The stock places are good if you have pods built to angle the speakers.

The best sound comes when the direct path of sound crosses in front of the opposite seat listener’s face.
                          sigpic

Comment

Jeremy, I think you may be missing the point.
                            The history of kick panel speakers done in a fashion intended for high performance started way back in the 70's in a shop called "Speakerworks". Roger Holdaway was the installer...I forget who the customer was, but the guy was an accoustical engineer AND a musician. He was looking for 2 basic things in speaker placement.

1. Equal pathlengths from each speaker to the listener
                            2. "On-Axis" placement.

the point is to make each speaker have the same time signature, so the sound is centered in the car. If you are under the impression that this goal can be acheived using gain controls, EQ or a balance knob, think again. It is a physical property, simply having to do with the source of the sound (either left or right) being equi-distant from your head.

The idea behind Axis is simple too. As a speaker is pointed less directly at you, frequency response is lost. Attempting to regain lost clarity and frequency response by pointing the speaker directly at you is a simple physical change that will always sound better.

As far as that e30's doors go, I believe those were a "Europe Only" MB Quart prefab system. Sounded like ass, ugly as hell...but was really easy to install!

I have several times attempted to make good kickpanel speakers in an e30. Always a failure, usually in that special class of failures known as "dismal". Between the glovebox, the really deep dash, the lack of other places to put your feet, etc. I am currently scheming up something truly new. I will be posting in a few weeks, after my front stage is done.

Luke

BTW, the Holdaway brothers' Buick Grand National was finally banned from IASCA after Richard Clark bought it...the most winning car in history, ever. Damn, that thing sounded GOOD!

Closing SOON!
                            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
                              I have several times attempted to make good kickpanel speakers in an e30. Always a failure, usually in that special class of failures known as "dismal". Between the glovebox, the really deep dash, the lack of other places to put your feet, etc. I am currently scheming up something truly new. I will be posting in a few weeks, after my front stage is done.
                              PLEASE post pictures! I'd love to make some sort of kick panel pod for the 4" mids that I'm getting in my 3-way comp system.

Comment

Working...
                              X