Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Favorite $30 Mod so far...(keyless entry)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jht3 View Post
    ok, what the hell. all of a sudden my keyless stopped working. this after working perfectly for 3 months. central locking still works like it should

so i pulled the unit out, unplugged it, and plugged it back in. locks work again. however after letting the car sit for a an hour or so, it stopped working again. it's not a wiring problem. it's almost like the unit is malfunctioning. anyone else seen something like this?
    mine works fine, but the range seems to have decreased tremendously.

and yea, my passenger door no longer works, i've been too lazy to rip everything paart again and check the wiring, but it could be just that.. i hope its not the door itself.

oh ya, and one of my remotes stopped working all together, yett the battery is fine.

click to see more pics :-)

Comment

that was point with these things about a year ago in this same thread. they just seem to crap out every few months. after going through 2 units, i stepped it up to a 2-way alarm and have never regreted it once. THIS UNIT SUCKS FUCKING ASS in every way possible. you cheap e30 fucks need to realize that you get what you pay for. and your not paying for shit with this thing, i HIGHLY reccomend no one ever buys one of those again, save for a real one.
      Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan325iC View Post
        Here you go. MyPushCart sells them very frequently on ebay.

Does the kit come with a DIY or do you guys have some instructions for it? I'd like to set this up before the winter really hits.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by optimusp517 View Post
          Does the kit come with a DIY or do you guys have some instructions for it? I'd like to set this up before the winter really hits.
          Instructions are on the first page buddy;)
          BTW, I don't think these units will last long. I mean cmon, you're only paying $30 bucks.
          And like that one guy posted, "you get what you pay for".

Comment

haha woops, should've paid more attn
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DanGillan View Post
              that was point with these things about a year ago in this same thread. they just seem to crap out every few months. after going through 2 units, i stepped it up to a 2-way alarm and have never regreted it once. THIS UNIT SUCKS FUCKING ASS in every way possible. you cheap e30 fucks need to realize that you get what you pay for. and your not paying for shit with this thing, i HIGHLY reccomend no one ever buys one of those again, save for a real one.
              i get it. i am now looking for a better unit, but don't want a fucking alarm. i guess i don't have to hook that part up? but it still blows to pay for a feature i don't even want

does any reputable company sell JUST a keyless unit?
              James
              '88 M3

Comment

subscribed

Comment

The eBay ad says 'New Model', so I'm hoping it's got more than a two month life...
                  I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Originally posted by jht3 View Post
                    i get it. i am now looking for a better unit, but don't want a fucking alarm. i guess i don't have to hook that part up? but it still blows to pay for a feature i don't even want

does any reputable company sell JUST a keyless unit?
                    Truth be told, I jumped on the bandwagon and bid on one before reading the entire thread... thank God that somone outbid me and I'm off the hook...

Comment

Just picked up the DEI Valet 712t for $59 from Circuit City. Anyone else have this one?

Comment

Ok this seems to be the longest post ever!! lol
                        But I'm the sucker who has read it all as I'm interested in installing one myself. I was looking at this system on ebay has anyone bought this one yet? Thees have the nice flip keys as well.

http://www.unitedautosecurity.com/pr...d=5&main_catid=

sigpic
                        WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

+1 for the flip keys. any feedback on this one?

Comment

Originally posted by markseven View Post
                            Just picked up the DEI Valet 712t for $59 from Circuit City. Anyone else have this one?
                            nope, but i was looking at it last week
                            James
                            '88 M3

Comment

omega system has been bought and installed! works great!!

Comment

Just bought one. This seller loves you!
                                "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Working...
                                X