Gauges in Console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gauges in Console

I'm curious if anyone has mounted gauges in the console next to the emergency brake? I'd love to see some photos before I start cutting...

Wouldn't it make it hard to check your boost level mid drift?
    sigpic

Comment

Good point. OK, for a daily driver. To glance at while stopped at traffic lights on the way to work.
      Last edited by txleadfoot; 11-24-2008, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Never seen it but would be a good place to put something like oil temp if theres enough space behind it. I've been interested in an oil temp and pressure but I don't want it on the pillars like a ricer and I don't want them in place of a radio or the OBC
        sigpic

Comment

Have you seen this?

My favorite mod yet.

Originally posted by e34john View Post
          Never seen it but would be a good place to put something like oil temp if theres enough space behind it. I've been interested in an oil temp and pressure but I don't want it on the pillars like a ricer and I don't want them in place of a radio or the OBC

Comment

Yea, but I can't tear apart my cluster for the 10 thousandth time. I am having trouble getting all the gauges to work and I'm tired of frakensteining multiple clusters just to have something else break. I really like the clean look though.
            sigpic

Comment

OK, I bit the bullet and drilled 2" holes in the rear console. I haven't wired anything yet.

Driver's Side

Backside:

Mounted Driver's Side:

Top view:

Passenger view:
              Last edited by txleadfoot; 06-02-2009, 07:12 AM. Reason: Repaired Photo Links

Comment

Those actually fit in really nice. A pretty crappy location though however. Nothing like looking down and away from the road to see your oil pressure.

Comment

they look bad ass I like them

I've always been proud of being a Marine.
                  I won't hesitate to defend the Corps
                  "Supersquad"

‎"Prostitutes are a sub-category of Amusement Parks"-

Comment

Why not put them where the ashtray was. Just an alternative from radio and OBC like you mentioned not wanting to get rid of. I agree that when you wanna see oil pressure, your not gonna be able to, and sitting at stop lights odds are it'll be all good, its at track or hard cornering in which case you won't wanna be staring at your ebrake handle. Fits really well for the other gauges though. I like those there.

Comment

with gauges: http://www.bmpdesign.com/product-exe...earch_model/28
                      without gauges: http://www.bmpdesign.com/product-exe...earch_model/28

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                      i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                      Originally posted by slammin.e28
                      Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

I thought about doing this as well. I may still do it as a winter project.
                        While I dont race the car, I do like having the gauges. I do find my self looking at them whilst driving more so than sitting at a light.. so maybe I will leave them above the asstray.
                        Yours truly,
                        Rich
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by Rigmaster
                        you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

I have this but i can't get the damn thing to fit in there. Yes, i removed the ashtray. It's been sitting for months.
                          turk@gutenparts.com

Originally posted by Janderson
                          Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

Comment

i really like having that storage area for my ipod, so I'm also working on this issue. Seems that GG has the best bet so far with his button-gauges.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

I like my spot.

Comment

Working...
                              X