Aftermarket head unit install question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket head unit install question

I just got my new Blaupunkt Montreal cd34 head unit in the mail today, and will probably try and install it myself the next day i get off from work. I was wondering though if anyone knows where I could pick up a wiring adapter and an antenna adapter. This will be my first time installing a head unit, so I am not sure if these are vehicle specific parts, or where the best place to find them is. Thanks

magnolia hi-fi, or similar place.... most likly no one will stock the part though.....

look on the internet, or start chopping up the wiring harness.

you may need to run all new speaker wire, because the factory speakers are grounded to the chasis...... you will get al kinds of interferance from the engine if you dont ground the speakers to the headunit

http://www.westwerksauto.com

Comment

one of the previous owners installed new infiniti speakers and had an aftermarket cd player in the dash at one point, does this mean I may not have to completely rewire?

Comment

should be good to go
        set your deck up to run fron't left and then find out which wires come of the deck go to front left and find which wires go to front left speakers make the connection continue on adjusting the fade until you get them all done

antenna shoudld plug into back of deck no problem and chances are if PO had another deck in it wiring harness is chopped and new wires are run
        no biggie thou

Comment

thanks for the responses, hopefully I'll have my new deck in by the end of the weekend

Comment

Working...
          X