dual voice coil question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dual voice coil question

I was wondering if you can damage a dual voice coil sub if you run just one coil? Someone told that ou are NEVER supposed to do that but he could'nt tell me why.

Any comments welcome.

You must operate a DVC sub with both coils being driven.

Damage can/will result if you drive only 1 voice coil. JL voids all warranties if you connect only 1 voice coil.

Both voice coils should also ideally be fed the same mono signal.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

What would be the point of only running one???

Comment

yeah what would be the point?? If you want a single then sale the ones you got and get a single.. Other wise run both to be on the safe side..

Comment

I always intended to run both coils which is what i'm doing right now..i just had one coil hooked up when i first put it in because i was in a rush to see what it sounded like..I have the coils hooked up in parallel now.

Comment

Originally posted by e30ct
            I always intended to run both coils which is what i'm doing right now..i just had one coil hooked up when i first put it in because i was in a rush to see what it sounded like..I have the coils hooked up in parallel now.
            Didn't want to wait the extra 10 seconds?

Comment

Originally posted by 808BMW
              Originally posted by e30ct
              Didn't want to wait the extra 10 seconds?
              Exactly what I was thinking....
              Originally posted by Gruelius
              and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Working...
              X