Wire defrost button as on off switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wire defrost button as on off switch

Wiring experts, I need your help. Andrew provided a rocker on/off switch for the sport button on his E30 to S54 wiring harness. It works fine but it doesnt look OEM. I currently have it placed aboved the radio next to the hazard and defrost button.

I have an extra defrost button and pigtail, what I want to do is use that as the on/off sport button, possibly have it light up when pressed. The plan is to remove the defrost picture, and replace it with a vinyl transfer SPORT sticker I had created.

So my ask is how do I wire it up? Here is a picture. of the switch and pigtail

Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Found a really old thread with this on it, not sure if its confirmed to work though

"Yes, it looks like you can use a toggle in place of your stock defrost switch just by placing it in between the gn/bu and bk wires (if you don't care about illumination when on)"

Comment

use one of the wider window lock out switches. it's blank, fits perfectly in the slots above the radio, and only has 2 prongs.
      the defroster has 3 prongs, one is for illumination.

here's my setup, top left is the switch. I'm using it as a manual override for my temp controlled electric fan. i'm working on making a stencil so i can paint a little fan on it.Click image for larger version  Name:	bfaDTNd.jpg Views:	0 Size:	80.7 KB ID:	9863347
      Attached Files
      sigpic

Comment

I thought about, that, the only thing is I hate the action of the window lock out switch, its so rough and not lighted. But its a good idea.

Comment

I think I worked with Jean on this for his swap. Hit me up on FB if you need any help on switches.
          Originally posted by Matt-B
          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
            I think I worked with Jean on this for his swap. Hit me up on FB if you need any help on switches.
            I think I messaged you on the right profile on FB. If you dont get it let me know.

Comment

Now that I think about it was Nado?
              Originally posted by Matt-B
              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Use a fog light switch.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewBird View Post
                  Use a fog light switch.
                  Yea I can use one, just sucks that the fog light switch doesnt light up.

Comment

Working...
                  X