Where do these connect to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do these connect to?

I am trying to tuck and reorganize my wires (the headlamp harness) and I am not totally sure what these plug-ins are used for. I have a 1984 Euro 323i. The first picture of the "white" connector w/ color wires gray/yellow and brown, it is located on the driver side, i am thinking is the fan-switch? The pic of the 2 black connectors, I know the smaller black one is for the windshield reservoir pump but don't know about the bigger one w/ color wires purple/black and brown, these are located on the passenger side along with the windshield reservoir, Yes, I know that the brown wire is for ground. I tried looking for wire diagrams on the net for this car but cannot seem to find the right diagram. I read somewhere that the 1985 318i and e21 320i shares similar color codes to the 1984 Euro 323i but I cannot seem to find these colors. The car came without power-steering, the radiator didn't have a fan-switch connected to it, and no AC.

The front headlamp harness consist of the following connectors, which i already sorted out:
    1. driving lights
    2. high beam
    3. signal lights
    4. fog lights

Now it's those 2 connectors that I do not know where they go.

Pics below for your view:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image1 (5).jpeg
Views:	180
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	9878897

Name:	image2 (2).jpeg
Views:	167
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	9878898

Name:	image3.jpeg
Views:	171
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	9878896
    Attached Files

don't have a long time to look into this, but "white" connectores weren't used under the hood much. You have to get the ETK and look up wiring colors by module. It tells everything. I suspect the one is on a door pin switch.
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

This is what I found out on https://www.diyauto.com/manufacturer...-by-328ijunkie

I have an early euro model that did not appear to have AC. Here’s a pic:

Name:	B45FA8FC-E05F-415E-927B-E4308B2CD9A2.jpeg
Views:	176
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	9879279

Comment

Cool! But I'll note that the wire gauge is 16-18 on the pic you posted, vs the 22 gauge the OP posted - that tell me it's not the same thing. Just FYI.
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Working...
        X