Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ivari
    replied
    ​ Yes, once the original lip is cut, there is no return back... These are not yet for sale, waiting for some feedback from my clients first, maybe something needs to be changed/improved πŸ™‚

With SQR 46 DAB it does not look as good as with BMW original head units IMO...

​​

Leave a comment:

• bradnic
    replied
    Originally posted by alpinaseeone View Post

Link to stl or shop where I can purchase?
    he is @bmwradios on instagram. also has an eBay store. I don't think they're live yet.
    I've been designing a bracket as well, but honestly chopping up an NLA HVAC panel is a 1 time thing. Most replacements on eBay have the trim piece under the HVAC switch broken. TimberShift on eBay sells a nice repair piece for that though.

Leave a comment:

• alpinaseeone
    replied
    Originally posted by ivari View Post
    Although I made a frame for BMW head units it should also be compatible with most of the aftermarket radios, including SQR 46 😎

Click image for larger version

Name:	1 BMW E30 Reverse RDS radio.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	197.6 KB
ID:	10109218

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	191.6 KB
ID:	10109219

Link to stl or shop where I can purchase?

Leave a comment:

• ivari
    replied
    Although I made a frame for BMW head units it should also be compatible with most of the aftermarket radios, including SQR 46 😎

Name:	1 BMW E30 Reverse RDS radio.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	197.6 KB
ID:	10109218

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	191.6 KB
ID:	10109219

Leave a comment:

• platelets
    replied
    Originally posted by tfi_friday View Post
    Yep, I flush mounted mine. I removed the lip that sits around the HVAC panel, in the same way as the CD43 flush install. Then I made a bracket so the rear of the radio attached to the dash support (6511370841) that pushes into the rear of dash.

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	10071756
    You did a fantastic job! I’d love to find someone who has modified the factory head unit to allow for USB in. I’ve seen a couple guys who have added pre-outs, but I don’t really like streaming with Bluetooth as the sound quality isn’t great.

Leave a comment:

• monty23psk
    replied
    Originally posted by Hartacus View Post
    So I finally got mine installed, and it's a great radio. The USB on the front panel not charging the iPhone sucks. I would love to make it flush, but whenever I try to find that back of the radio part 6511370841​ , people either think I'm nuts, or I show them the diagram and say, "that must be from European models because I've never seen it." Any idea where to buy part 6511370841​?

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0616.jpg Views:	125 Size:	184.2 KB ID:	10082812
    Part is NLA and it is just a small shelf, it won't help with installing the radio flush. Only way is to find it used if you want that part. If you want it flush, you will need to cut the bezel around the radio on the HVAC panel and custom installed the mounting part of the Bremen.

Leave a comment:

• orb0554
    replied
    Originally posted by Hartacus View Post
    So I finally got mine installed, and it's a great radio. The USB on the front panel not charging the iPhone sucks. I would love to make it flush, but whenever I try to find that back of the radio part 6511370841​ , people either think I'm nuts, or I show them the diagram and say, "that must be from European models because I've never seen it." Any idea where to buy part 6511370841​?​​​​​​​

Name:	IMG_0616.jpg
Views:	507
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	10082812
    Not mine:

Leave a comment:

• Andieveryday
    replied
    Does anyone have a eli5 install guide for this ?

Leave a comment:

• Hartacus
    replied
    So I finally got mine installed, and it's a great radio. The USB on the front panel not charging the iPhone sucks. I would love to make it flush, but whenever I try to find that back of the radio part 6511370841​ , people either think I'm nuts, or I show them the diagram and say, "that must be from European models because I've never seen it." Any idea where to buy part 6511370841​?​​​​​​​

Name:	IMG_0616.jpg
Views:	507
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	10082812

Leave a comment:

• Hartacus
    replied
    That looks awesome. Do you have any pics or know where a guide is for cutting the HVAC?

Leave a comment:

• Nate37
    replied
    Wow, that looks awesome! I've gotten used to mine sticking out a bit, but you're definitely making me consider re-mounting it flush. Nice work!

Leave a comment:

• av8drvr
    replied
    Excellent. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• tfi_friday
    replied
    There’s a used one on eBay… bit over priced at $45

Leave a comment:

• tfi_friday
    replied
    Yep I did the l bracket to reach the zinc plated part. I mentioned it in an earlier post. I think the part number is 6511370841 but looks like it’s not produced anymore. Double check it’s not still in the car though I was lucky mine was still there.

Leave a comment:

• av8drvr
    replied
    OK TFI, help me out. I assume the bracket you made is the L-shaped attachment and the zinc plated "2-prong" deal is from the car itself? Looks like material I can source at Lowes, care to be a bit more specific? I have this radio in my 91' 318iS and it is fantastic in my opinion and suits the car perfect.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X