Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Antenna

Hi guys,

I just bought a single DIN Pioneer DEH S5250BT for my 1990 sedan.
    Now, I'm looking to fix my power antenna (not working currently) and I'm told that the auto antenna can be paired with aftermarket headunit. So here's my question.

From what I read, power antenna has 3 wires (ground, switch, and power). Ground is pretty self explanatory, power (usually in red), and the switch wire.
    Now, I'm confused as to where should I tap the switch wire into in the new headunit? battery or ACC maybe?

please help

thanks

17 Blue/whiteConnect to the system control terminal of the power amp or auto-antenna relay control terminal (max. 300 mA 12 V DC).

But the antenna will be up even when you don't listen to the radio.

Comment

^ back in the day, headunits came with an antenna motor activator wire of their own. I'd probably give the amp trigger suggestion a try but I'm sure you can find more information just in general on the internet... There's a lot of older cars with power antennas getting new HU's. You could also always run the trigger off of an accessory wire or something else as you suggested, and wire it to an interrupting switch so that you can control when the mast goes up or down. An extra step to listen to the radio, but at least an option. I did this to my car (factory radio) so that I can keep the antenna down when playing a cassette or my hardwired Bluetooth. I hid the switch inside the front ashtray :) Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
      (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Working...
      X