X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rajun Cajun
    replied
    Austin, It's been a while since I have been on this site and seen your registry post. I have had my M Tech 15+ years and it has been hard to find any accurate info on them until a few years ago. Thanks for putting together this reference for everyone. This is the info I have for my M Tech piecing together data over the years, if you or anyone has corrections or additional info please let me know.

Thanks,

Andy Johnson, North Carolina
    04/91 5 speed ,Macaoblau- Metallic , Cabrio , VIN EC04994
    72K original miles, car is 100% original. I am the 4th family owner 15+ years
    Options-
    S771A, Upholstery M-Tech Cloth/ Leather 0318, heated front seats,

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1738 b.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	10106842 Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0032_001.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	10106843 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4443.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	10106844

Leave a comment:

• Uber///m3
    replied
    Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
    I know the previous owner and have seen this car a few times. You scored one of the nicest Macao's I've seen and at a good price considering lesser cars have sold for much more on BAT. Interestingly enough, many people just weren't familiar with this color and thought it was a color change when BAT described it as "repainted in it's current shade of blue." Unfortunately, that phrase was misleading as several people on FB commented on the "non factory color." It's a shame really but glad it went to another enthusiast.
    Thx!

Leave a comment:

• reelizmpro
    replied
    I know the previous owner and have seen this car a few times. You scored one of the nicest Macao's I've seen and at a good price considering lesser cars have sold for much more on BAT. Interestingly enough, many people just weren't familiar with this color and thought it was a color change when BAT described it as "repainted in it's current shade of blue." Unfortunately, that phrase was misleading as several people on FB commented on the "non factory color." It's a shame really but glad it went to another enthusiast.

Leave a comment:

• Uber///m3
    replied
    I’m here to re-introduce myself. I sold my red M Technic about a year and a half ago to a collector in the Midwest and have regretted it ever since. Couldn’t get him to sell it back to me (collectors collect), so I went on a mission to find another one.

Wound up finding this Macao Blue beauty in really above average condition owned by a fellow enthusiast and mechanic for the past 7 years. I have plans for a few minor upgrades and look forward to sharing them with everyone along the way…

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Yamshahar
    replied
    I have a 1992 S771 in black manual. I’m in Ontario. Vehicle originated in BC then went to Edmonton Alberta.

Leave a comment:

• DER E30
    replied
    Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
    Bradley Jackson | Seattle, WA
    Production date: 8/16/1991
    S770A in Alpineweiss II/Lotuswhite
    VIN: EC05216
    Factory heated seats

Still need to do a carfax, but the car has 159k miles, and has had alot of mechanical work done to it recently. Previous owner also serviced the A/C, so it blows ice cold!
    I bought this car from Bradley, it’s since been repainted. Christian Dennistoun | Arlington, WA
    Last edited by DER E30; 06-24-2022, 07:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TheMtechnique
    replied
    My s771a packaged e30 coming in late here.. In my possession since 2013, and hopefully forever!

Leave a comment:

• Reyhan335
    replied
    My name is Reyhan Dzeko. I’m in eastern NC. Instagram is 1dirty30. I have a 1991 Bmw 325ic mtech2 appearance package car. Originally auto and now has a metrics built g260 now. Everything has been refreshed by @backyardbavarians on Instagram. If you’re close to NC and need anything done please follow them! Last 7 of the vin is EC26811 Does anyone know how many of these were made? I keep getting mixed information. Some people say there were 75 made in 91 and the rest in 92? Then some people are saying there were only 1000-1100 made total. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Uber///m3
    replied
    Originally posted by Shftr8 View Post
    Just got my hands on a manual mtech. The tag expired in 2017 and has a broken timing belt on it. The previous owner passed away so I dont have any previous history on it and the car needs a lot of work. Would a factory manual car be much more desirable then an automatic or even one that has been converted? Havent decided what to do with it just yet. I heard about the car and was just expecting to go buy a parts car but I cant part it out but I dont really have the time to restore it either. Needs a full paint job, convertible top, interior work, and of course the engine work. What should I do? Anyone want to take on a restoration job?
    Sounds like a lot to tackle. I guess it depends on how much time, money and desire you have personally to put into it and what your eventual goal would be for the car (I.e. flipping it or keeping it as a driver or show car).

Leave a comment:

• Shftr8
    replied
    Just got my hands on a manual mtech. The tag expired in 2017 and has a broken timing belt on it. The previous owner passed away so I dont have any previous history on it and the car needs a lot of work. Would a factory manual car be much more desirable then an automatic or even one that has been converted? Havent decided what to do with it just yet. I heard about the car and was just expecting to go buy a parts car but I cant part it out but I dont really have the time to restore it either. Needs a full paint job, convertible top, interior work, and of course the engine work. What should I do? Anyone want to take on a restoration job?

Leave a comment:

• conundrum2020
    replied
    Originally posted by Uber///m3 View Post

Welcome to the group!
    Thank you my fellow e30 driver

Leave a comment:

• Uber///m3
    replied
    Originally posted by conundrum2020 View Post
    HI ALL! I own a 1991 Bmw 325iC M Tech 2 in Macao Blue. She has 105k miles Automatic last 7 of vin: EC27024
    Welcome to the group!

Leave a comment:

• conundrum2020
    replied
    HI ALL! I own a 1991 Bmw 325iC M Tech 2 in Macao Blue. She has 105k miles Automatic last 7 of vin: EC27024

Leave a comment:

• Kuhhirt
    replied
    Hi all! I was sooo looking forward to joining the M Technic appearance package group when I found this car: https://bloomington.craigslist.org/c...146717750.html

I feel it might be helpful to post a PSA.

I went to look at it with cash in hand and for the price it’s in terrible condition. While the front seats are in good condition, the front seat frames were rusted. The whole top of the rear seat is gone (not just the normal splitting at the seams). There were ants and spiders crawling on the seats and the interior smelled as if the car had sat at the bottom of a pond. The front seats were moved backward to within a few inches of the rear seat by drilling though the floor. There is a decent amount of rust along the driver’s door sill. The car wears several paint jobs and at least the hood and passenger fender have been replaced (or the VIN stickers are painted over).

Just wanted to give a heads up in case someone is interested in the body kit (which is in good condition and is all original), but be prepared to pay for it. The guy refuses to budge on price.

Gonna keep looking!
    Last edited by Kuhhirt; 07-06-2020, 05:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dillon7
    replied
    Originally posted by troymhughes View Post

He still has yet to list it, I honestly think this example on BAT is better and i'm not convinced it's even going to bring 12,900... https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...c-cabriolet-9/
    This one ended up selling for $31k. Curious to hear if you guys think this is just an anomaly or if these cars can consistently fetch that kind of price.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X