No announcement yet.

Sway Bar Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am curious about your impression of the 19mm front bar. Are you going to do back to back comparison between the 19, 20, and 21 mm bars? I have a 19mm rear and 25 mm (hollow) front bars from IE. The smaller 22mm front bar from IE hit my X brace so I had to go big. I am considering the strut mount way also with a smaller bar.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Bearmw View Post
      I am curious about your impression of the 19mm front bar. Are you going to do back to back comparison between the 19, 20, and 21 mm bars? I have a 19mm rear and 25 mm (hollow) front bars from IE. The smaller 22mm front bar from IE hit my X brace so I had to go big. I am considering the strut mount way also with a smaller bar.
      I'll let you know. I am just finishing up the project and will get the car back on the road in the next few weeks with the 19mm front and the 14mm rear. Not sure it will be a good comparison, since the suspension before the refresh was mostly stock and sloppy with the 21mm front and 14 mm rear.

If I experience significant oversteer, I will try the 21mm front bar to correct.
      Mike
      Cary, NC
      Current Rides
      1991 325iC - For Sale
      2006 M3 Cabriolet
      Past Rides
      2000 323i Touring - Daily Driver
      1994 325is (S50) - Fast Car
      1998 Z3 - Fun Car
      1986 325e (i engine conversion)
      1969 Mustang Mach 1

Comment