Top adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top adjustment

The back part of my top directly behind the rear window is not coming down far enough to seal off the car. I have seen the shim adjustments under the top lid and fiddles with them, but it seems like that doesn't adjust the side left to right at all. seems like the driver side is fitted correctly, but the passenger side is not. Any help would be appreciated. I've looked it up multiple times and have came up with no good results.

There is an adjustment screw where the two pieces of the frame meet that pivot when the back of the top is raised to access the boot cover. It can be adjusted from the back seat when the top is up. It raises and lowers the back seal location when the top is in the up position.

Tough to describe in words. Try to figure it out and if you can't, I will post a pic.
    1992 325i Cabrio
    1988 320i Touring
    2000 M5
    1977 530i
    2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
    BMWCCA
    E30CCA

Comment

I could use a picture. Just for a reference before i start adjusting bolts. Thanks, much appreciation.

Comment

Sorry this took a while. Here is the pic with an arrow pointing to the adjuster. Unless it's been lost over the years, there will be a plastic cap that needs to be removed to access the adjustment screw.

Cory

cabrio top adjustment 1 by cory58f5, on Flickr
        1992 325i Cabrio
        1988 320i Touring
        2000 M5
        1977 530i
        2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
        BMWCCA
        E30CCA

Comment

Working...
        X