X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wishno87 View Post
    Do want your skirts! ^
    If you're serious PM me, my b'day presents should be here by fryday ")

current status ...

Thursday, May 06, 2010 Location Time
    5 Arrived at Sort Facility Cincinnati Hub - USA Cincinnati Hub, OH - USA 01:04

Wednesday, May 05, 2010 Location Time
    4 Departed Facility in East Midlands - UK East Midlands - UK 04:19
    3 Processed at East Midlands - UK East Midlands - UK 02:12

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 Location Time
    2 Arrived at Sort Facility East Midlands - UK East Midlands - UK 19:19
    1 Shipment picked up East Midlands - UK 14:49

Comment

h&r cabrio springs on kyb
      yea i know i need better pics

yea im going to scrap my exhaust its bout 3-4" off the ground

thats about a 4" rise on the driveway
      jag

Comment

Originally posted by N2MYE30 View Post

just perfect, i want my car to be jus like this, maybe a bit lower in the front, can you give me full list of suspension parts? thx
        BigMexWar

Comment

Anyone running Spax cabrio springs?

Comment

So I'm going to be putting m3 springs up front. Do you guys think my stock struts will be okay? Also, are KYB gr2s just stock replacements or are they better?

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by jdizzleM View Post
              just perfect, i want my car to be jus like this, maybe a bit lower in the front, can you give me full list of suspension parts? thx
              The PO put the suspension on it but what I am told its all Eibach stuff, even matching shocks. E90 drophats would be nice but the car is not a keeper. Just a project.

COTM

Comment

super duper coilover upgrade

got my wheels yesterday and suspension upgrade is in progress, gc coils, 500f 700r, bilsteins, gc camber plates, m3 droplinks to struts, with the big ass cabrio sway bar this thing oughta rock! or hope not rock at all

sigpic
                91 325ic
                85 528e
                92 325i
                86 535i gone
                92 325is gone

Comment

Originally posted by bear View Post
                  got my wheels yesterday and suspension upgrade is in progress, gc coils, 500f 700r, bilsteins, gc camber plates, m3 droplinks to struts, with the big ass cabrio sway bar this thing oughta rock! or hope not rock at all

You must be very excite :D

-P
                  Late model granitesilber 325i convertible FS:
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=293701

Comment

very excited, just came in from welding up my strut tabs and painting my struts billy yellow. gotta throw it all together and do my water pump, hopefully it'll be on the ground by sunday
                    sigpic
                    91 325ic
                    85 528e
                    92 325i
                    86 535i gone
                    92 325is gone

Comment

Bump :)

GC coilovers, shortened front struts, 450/750
                      Last edited by VicSkimmr; 08-05-2010, 10:59 AM.
                      Jason
                      flickr

Comment

billie HD'z are the stock setup for M3's.
                        does that mean they would suffice on a 325 cab with m3 springs?

Comment

OK guys, got a spring question for ya.

I'm currently running H&R convertible sports. No pads in the rear and 2 coils cut out of the front w/ e90 drop hats. The stance is perfect (see sig) but the ride is stiff as fuck. Looking to mellow it down a bit and use springs I don't have to cut :rofl:

Looking in to either H&R Sports or Eibach Pros, probably for a 318is since they'll be setup for less weight and I want this thing pretty well dumped to the ground (which should be hard to do given it weighs 3150lbs and a 318is is about 2600)

Any thoughts on H&R vs Eibach? Or how about the ride height difference between 325i and 318is springs?

Comment

you should get to the same stance with hr sport for coupes and the drop hat.

eibach is a definite no no, especially if you try to go low, your fenders will be trash in no time. Eibach pro is the most bounciest springs ever.

Comment

Originally posted by thereisnoyun View Post
                              you should get to the same stance with hr sport for coupes and the drop hat.

eibach is a definite no no, especially if you try to go low, your fenders will be trash in no time. Eibach pro is the most bounciest springs ever.
                              'bouncy-ness' is a result of underdamping though, not spring rate/make

Been doing a lot of research on the internetz about the whole H&R/Eibach debate. Consistently, for all models of BMW, I keep seeing that Eibach rides better (i.e. softer) and the H&R provides better handling. Actual drop amount seems to be a point of contention or maybe has more to do with the chassis they're installed on, but it's never more than a 1/4" difference.

I'm leaning towards Eibach as this is a cruiser car already on 17" wheels. It doesn't ever see autoX or HPDE days. Still trying to find some information about how much of a ride height difference it would make between 325i and 318is springs.

Comment

+1. I have H&R sports,billies on my glacier with 15mm drophats(as of last week) with alll pads. Still smooth. I havent got any pro shots of my new stance but it cant be far off from you.

For fine control (if fundage allows) you know G/C is the only way.

BTW, do you have upper and lower braces?

COTM

Comment

Working...
                                X