Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swapped my vert to h&r race and bilstein sports late last season. Sold on it being a suitable setup for a vert. It could be a bit stiffer in the rear. All OE but added the largest lower spring pad in rear.

Comment

Looks great! E90 drop hats would make it 100% perfect IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
        Thanks. .......I don't know about the car being much lower and being practical.

Comment

I agree but I wouldnt kick it outta the garage for it. Do you have a 5-lug swap e304lyfe? Those are 16", right?

COTM

Comment

After looking at that car, I'm suddenly a little sad I dropped $400 on GC coils to get the same stance as $250 H&R Race :(

Comment

Originally posted by N2MYE30 View Post
              I agree but I wouldnt kick it outta the garage for it. Do you have a 5-lug swap e304lyfe? Those are 16", right?
              Yes, the car is 5 lug, and they are 16's.

Comment

M3 5-lug or e36?

Comment

M3 5-lug or e36?
                  e30 m3 suspension

Comment

Originally posted by e304lyfe View Post
                    e30 m3 suspension
                    I see what you did there. E28 M5 or evo wheels? Genuine M Technic? I would run extra thick pads on top, in the back to bring it up some and give the springs more travel. Looks great by the way.
                    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                      I see what you did there. E28 M5 or evo wheels? Genuine M Technic? I would run extra thick pads on top, in the back to bring it up some and give the springs more travel. Looks great by the way.
                      Thanks Barry! E28 M5 rims. Genuine m-technic 5-speed. I believe there is only one size upper rear spring pad available. I considered doubling them up though.

Comment

I would run extra thick pads on top, in the back to bring it up some and give the springs more travel. Looks great by the way.
                        I was gonna do this exact thing on mine. Maybe 10mm instead of the stock 5mm.

COTM

Comment

Originally posted by e304lyfe View Post
                          Thanks Barry! E28 M5 rims. Genuine m-technic 5-speed. I believe there is only one size upper rear spring pad available. I considered doubling them up though.
                          pulled from realoem

15 SPRING PAD7,5MM 233531136386 $7.62 ONLY APPLIES TO COIL SPRING WHITE
                          15 SPRING PAD5MM 233531136385 $6.70 ONLY APPLIES TO COIL SPRING RED
                          15 SPRING PAD10MM 233531136387 $8.28

COTM

Comment

Originally posted by N2MYE30 View Post
                            pulled from realoem

15 SPRING PAD7,5MM 233531136386 $7.62 ONLY APPLIES TO COIL SPRING WHITE
                            15 SPRING PAD5MM 233531136385 $6.70 ONLY APPLIES TO COIL SPRING RED
                            15 SPRING PAD10MM 233531136387 $8.28
                            Those are lower spring pads for an e30... sometimes used as uppers on other newer bmw's it appears, but their lower pads are different. Also, you appear to have a "2" in front of all the part numbers you listed that does not belong there.

Comment

What I did was took upper pads from my M3, cut the big nipple out of the middle and stacked it onto the existing upper pad already on the vert. This will keep that nipple from bottoming out too soon since it protrudes down quite a bit.
                              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

What I did was took upper pads from my M3, cut the big nipple out of the middle and stacked it onto the existing upper pad already on the vert. This will keep that nipple from bottoming out too soon since it protrudes down quite a bit.
                                Yeah, that is exactly what I was planning on doing... Either that or attempting to clearance the inner fenders more, but I think I may be about at the limit w/o causing a noticeable difference on the outside.

Comment

Working...
                                X