Hard top vinyl repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard top vinyl repair

Does anyone have any advice on how to repair the corners of the vinyl? Maybe a glue to get it back down and then some over the top as a "clear coat"?

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4907.JPG Views:	0 Size:	40.1 KB ID:	9873894

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4904.JPG Views:	0 Size:	53.1 KB ID:	9873895

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4906.JPG Views:	0 Size:	48.7 KB ID:	9873896
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4905.JPG Views:	0 Size:	75.4 KB ID:	9873897
    New Seat Shocks for Sale

I'd just glue it unless you are going to replace it all. I think that it would look worse with a patch on top..matching faded fabric and texture.

Comment

Yeah, luckily its in great shape everywhere else except the corners, so its not really noticeable when its on the car. I'd just like to stop it from getting worse. I'm going to buy some HH-66 vinyl cement, says its drys clear.
      New Seat Shocks for Sale

Comment

That cement will do it for sure ( I researched it plenty). I have some, but have not used it - decided on contact cement for the interior work I'm doing.

Comment

Good to know, Ive been thinking of redoing the canvas/vinyl on my hardtop.

Can anyone recommend which canvas/vinyl to use? I've been thinking about this:

https://www.fabricwholesaledirect.co...ant=9913481603

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X