Led headlights swap in sealed beam buckets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Led headlights swap in sealed beam buckets

So I recently swapped some 5.75” led headlights into my sealed beam buckets. That way they can still be aimed. I had swapped in ellipsoids in the past so wiring will be for earlier models. Later models if you are keeping all 4 headlights should be plug and play for earlier models
    The tools at minimum will be:
    phillips screw driver
    soldiering iron for early model to make plugs for h4 to 9005/9006
    tin snips
    hack saw
    A dremel can replace about half of these.

items needed:
    headlights of course. These can be different but will usually be h4. I picked up a Harley headlights.
    wiring if needed. If your doing quad on early you have to do a little testing before soldering…as in power to see which one is high and low for the h4 plug as one headlight will be a low beam and the other will be high.
    M5x20 or 25 to screw into the actual bucket. Hex heads make it much easier. 2x per light.
    optional: resistor, I’m not sure the exact size but it’s so you won’t get a check panel light.

basically it’s simple as can be. Shave two fins or more on each side of the headlight with the hacks saw or dremel. This way it can fit against the bracket.

cut the bucket down to the ring. You can see in the photos. I’m sorry I don’t have one of it all cleaned up. Attach the bucket to the light, it should be flush so go back and trim it well, the screws in the bezel ring attach it to the bucket. Use the m5 screws to attach it to the actual bracket. Put the spring back on. Bam your almost done! You can use the adjustment knobs to aim it like stock. For late models you should be able to just plug them in. You’ll need a resistor or the low beam to not get a check panel light, but I’m not sure the exact size. On early models you’ll need to make a simple harness. Just check which one of the power lines is low and high beam and wire according. I combined my headlights and you can see the harness.

mine had blue tooth rib rings and I ran it to accessory light. You could also use a 12v switched or fog lights as well. You can see the results below.
    Attached Files

More photos cause limit
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X