DIY: Sunroof cassette/frame removal - with pictures!
Collapse
X
-
I think it was pretty smooth before the rust repair. I spread the welds out and tried to manage the heat. The rust repair was all in on corner and I think I rushed that.



Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkLeave a comment:
-
That’s unfortunate. Did the waviness happen before or after the rust repair?Leave a comment:
-
I have a waterjet at work, so I just used that to cut the filler panel. It still needed a little sanding to fit. The welding process was easy enough. After finishing the panel I had to cut out a bunch of rust outside the sunroof hole. After finishing that bit there was a bit of waviness in the roof. I am not satisfied with it. There is also a little bit of rust outside that area on the other side.
I plan to cut it all out, add some supports and do it again
Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkLeave a comment:
-
For those that did a delete years ago, how are they holding up? Does it look like a slick top after paint or has the patch become noticeable?Leave a comment:
-
Leave a comment:
-
Just did this today with the help of this post. Thank you. A spot weld drilling tool is amazing. Took them right out easily. Completely worth it.
Now is just need to fix the rust hole next to it



Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkLeave a comment:
-
Thanks!
HUGE thanks for posting this! Managed to do this without butchering my roof too badly; this post was incredibly helpful.Leave a comment:
-
Looking for Casset!
If someone has one in working condition drop me a pm. thanksLeave a comment:
-
Quite helpful. I somewhat wasn't patient enough to follow perfectly with drilling out the b pillar spot welds. Oh wellLeave a comment:
-
-
-
I'm going t do this to my E30.
I'm using a carbon plate as a sunroof delete, simply gluing it into place with a very strong glue.
(They use this glue on a very expensive supercar, to hold the carbon bodyparts together, can't remember the name on this glue).Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: