87 325e swapped DME now cranks but wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

87 325e swapped DME now cranks but wont start

was finally getting somewhere with this car, bought it not running and the interior gutted. Had it all back together and running for the past month but had the typical surging idle occasionally . finally decided to clean out icv, throttle body. i used carb cleaner to spray out icv, used rag sprayed with carb cleaner and wiped out by the butterfly and wiped out the inside of the airbox the intake boot connects to, flap part that leads towards the mass sensor. didn't try to clean by the actual mass sensor. it was running that night and next day after cleaning icv and throttle/intake parts just idle was surging worse after cleaning. normally i could get it to stop the idle surge but i could not after i cleaned it. that's why i decided to swap dme that night. i swapped out my dme for a used dme that was in the trunk of the car that i put a turner chip in it. guy i bought car from said it was a dme he bought awhile back to try to fix idle but never tried it. it was to late to start the car that night to test dme. went to start the following morning and then car would start then immediately die or crank/no start. mostly crank/no start. I'm thinking i did something wrong not just a coincidence of part going out but trying to figure out what/how to test to see what ive caused. im really tired of throwing money blindly guessing at this thing would rather at least spend it wisely on it. i checked to make sure all the hose connections, intake boot and wire connections are back in place correctly. i think im going to go to the part store and get a new batttery(ive charged and jumped that thing a lot since ive had the car the past 6 months, ive not trusted it since i got it) and see if they have a fuel pump relay that would work. other then that im not to sure what to try next. would the car at least start if icv was bad? i figured it would just run bad but start? will it start if icv is unplugged? i tested the 2 prongs on icv and its showing 8.5ohms. thought i read somewhere it needs to be between 9-10
Working...
X