X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
    Done!!!!
    Love it! Gotta do my B pillers though.
    not tying to be a dick here, but why would you shadowline the trim, but leave the chrome on the side modlings? just my .02.

Comment

thats got to be a reflection

Comment

Originally posted by ethirtydavid View Post
        thats got to be a reflection
        I don't think so my 87 had chrome on the side moldings as well. I would just swap them for 88 or newer ones and have the diving boards powder coated.
        "Drifting an E30 is like pouring out a beer just to get a nickel for the can"

Comment

FYI don't expect to find SEM anywhere locally. One time my local oreilly had it - but I went in today and they told me they don't make sem anymore. Whatever.
          "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
            FYI don't expect to find SEM anywhere locally. One time my local oreilly had it - but I went in today and they told me they don't make sem anymore. Whatever.
            ive had the same experience. Until i went to another o'reilys in town and they had like 2 cases.....
            Fortunatly theres a local parts place called Enlows auto supply. They have a massive amount of 3m products and paints. Including SEM
            sigpic

Comment

Just did mine :) :)
              So happy with my results, its easy and makes it look B.E.A.utiful
              Flickr
              Originally posted by Indecline06
              For some reason, when I get super duper ultra stoned... The M30 motor reminds me of big bird from sesame street.

Comment

I did mine a couple of weeks ago. The previous owner had painted them but when he went to get some body work done the shop taped over it and stripped it when the tape was removed. I did it on the car and did not remove the mirrors. Here's a rundown of what I did:

- Lots of taping (painter's tape and newspaper, took my time and made sure to cover everything that could possibly catch some overspray)

- Sand back down to bare metal with 180

- Clean with rags and lacquer thinner

- Dupont etch primer (3 coats)

- Dupont trim paint (1 coat then ran out, it was a spare can laying around)

- Duplicolor trim paint (2 coats)

If it wasn't late in the evening when I ran out of Dupont trim paint I would have gone out and bought more. It seemed to be of better quality, maybe I'm just telling myself that because it's more expensive. Luckily I had the Duplicolor can in my trunk. Regardless, I am very pleased with how it turned out:

Comment

Holy crap, did you just make bronzit look good?!
                  Sweet car.

My Flickr

Comment

did mine yesterday.. took about 3 hrs.

~Rogan
                    '85 325e w/M42 swap
                    '02 WRX 2.5L Hybrid w/GT32 @ 20psi - 400+awhp :: SOLD
                    http://www.autismspeaks.org ||| http://www.essentialpieces.org
                    sigpic

Strategic Alpine Command
                    Diving Board Division

Comment

Just did mine on my 86, looks sooooo much better!

Comment

welcome to shadowline my friends. It's the only way to go. Dopeness..

Although, when I see other shwarzesesessss with the chrome bling I think.....

Comment

Originally posted by Maluco View Post
                          welcome to shadowline my friends. It's the only way to go. Dopeness..

Although, when I see other shwarzesesessss with the chrome bling I think.....
                          What do you think ??? :hitler: ....... :p

I only got the inner shadowline in mine. But i like chrome.

1992 BMW 325iC
                          1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                          1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by RobertK View Post
                            The best combo I've found so far is Duplicolor Self Etching Primer for $4.99 a can at Auto Zone and Duplicolot Black Trim Paint which is perfect for shadowlining your car.
                            Would you guys recommend this for grills and B-pillar as well? I'm planning on doing everything at the same time. And do I use the primer for grills/pillar or prep some other way?
                            88 325is

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                              I love your car JasonC; its perfection.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                              ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post

I'd agree i dont really like shadowline that much on black cars.. D'schwarz maybe

Comment

Working...
                                X