X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cramer
    replied
    Nice write up Josh :)

One question about the one touch switches. Why won't those work? A switch is a switch so the one touch feature is controlled exterior of the switch right?

Leave a comment:

• Jand3rson
    replied
    If anyone wants the .pdf of the write-up, I just had it converted, so PM me and I'll email it to you.

Leave a comment:

• Jand3rson
    replied
    Thanks, Bryson. I noticed the gap as well, I think when I pull the shift boot to vacuum all the dust and stu ff out this week (I had to take off somewhere right when we got it done), I may open up the holes a tad larger, and glue them, like you said. But all in all, I'm very happy with them.

Leave a comment:

• Bryson
    replied
    Josh, it looks like there's a slight gap between your trim pieces and center console. I had the same 'problem' with one of my switches. You have to enlarge the hole a tiny bit more to get it to sit perfectly flush, but then it may not be as snug as before. I had the pleasure of using an extra console when I did my swap so it was out of the car. I opened up the holes large enough, then used hot glue on the backside of the console to hold the trim pieces in place.

this should clear up all of the questions i get pelted with when I say to use the large base switches and four door/sunroof trim pieces :roll:

haha good job Josh

Leave a comment:

• kencopperwheat
    replied
    Re: The E36 window switch retrofit thread

Originally posted by Eurospeed88
    They will run about $2.25 each from the dealer, however KenCopperwheat said that he got them from BMA for about $1.80 each.
    I just got them today. $3.96 for both including shipping. I guess they have them in stock because it only took about 4 days for me to get them from when I emailed Patrick w/ the part number.

Now to find some switches...

Leave a comment:

• LikeCDoos
    replied
    Just posted a WTB thread at Bimmerforums. I used one of your pictures for reference to what i need if thats okay josh :)

Leave a comment:

• MR 325
    replied
    My white base ones are lighted, well 1 is, and 1 is burnt out, damn it

Leave a comment:

• Jand3rson
    replied
    Just thought I would add in here really quick that my window switches are in fact NOT lighted. This may be because either the bulbs are no good, or because the blue base switches may not be lighted to begin with, I don't know. It's of no difference to me, I know where my swtiches are, but for those of you who want them lighted, you may want to in fact go with the white base switches, which for sure are lighted.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewBird
    replied
    Damn I'm good at soldering. :) ;)

Leave a comment:

• Jand3rson
    replied
    Originally posted by LikeCDoos
    Josh do you have PN's for the Blue and/or White based e36 switches?
    WHITE: 61 31 1 387 916

BLUE: 61 31 1 393 361

If you're going to buy them new, get the blue base ones, then you can follow the write-up step for step. The switches new are JUST the switch, and don't come with the full base that has the wiring though, so you're better off getting them used, or pulling them from a junkyard car.

Leave a comment:

• hamann318is
    replied
    Originally posted by MR 325
    Fucking nice work Josh, all you guys should do this swap.
    I like forcing my bodyweight down on a button to get it to work; I don't know what you're talking about. ;)

I'm already planning on doing this swap soon. Thanks for the awesome writeup!

Leave a comment:

• LikeCDoos
    replied
    Josh do you have PN's for the Blue and/or White based e36 switches?

Leave a comment:

• MR 325
    replied
    Fucking nice work Josh, all you guys should do this swap.

Leave a comment:

• Il Duce
    replied
    thanks josh, you da man!

Leave a comment:

• uofom3
    replied
    thanks dude... writeups take time... thats a great one.. and looks flawless; factory approved.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X