• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

really?

89 325i S50/ZF E36 M3/TI 5lug Style 32s

My feedback Thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=219113

Comment

Let me just tell you, I went through two oil pans last year, due to the fucked up roads of the NYC. But I just bought a Severe Skid Plate from Peerless and let me tell you it has saved my as multiple times already. This is the best way of thinking of it,it's cheaper and less time consuming to purchase the skid plate and install it than towing you car and installing a new/used oil pan. Plus the U-bar takes a lot of hits that would normally get at the control arms and crap. All in all, I say get one.

Originally posted by Ferguson View Post
      1 week after I had my 2.8 m20 running, I bottomed out going into a construction site
      after dark where they had ripped the pavement up. It was a 3" drop from blacktop to
      gravel at 70km/h (45mph) which in the end split my pan in half.

I didnt wreck the motor as I turned it off right away, but there was a hefty towing bill
      and a late night putting another pan in...

Now my current e30 is even lower, and on its 2nd pan...skid plate?
      Click here to leave me feedback on our transactions. :p

Comment

I guess this is still good advice.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by JinormusJ
        Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
        1989 325is Raged on then sold.
        1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
        1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
        1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

If my oil pan breaks then I will inform the wife that I need a new engine. Then I will fix the broken pan and start to build the new engine secretly adding a turbo to it.

Comment

towing is not cheap!
            i had a motorcycle accident and they towed the bike(i went to hospital, no choice) then had to get it towed to my house. 450+ for the towing fees, i have AAA now.

Comment

I love AAA! The first time I had to tow it everyone on here said to get it and I saved alot.
              Originally posted by devon.818 View Post
              towing is not cheap!
              i had a motorcycle accident and they towed the bike(i went to hospital, no choice) then had to get it towed to my house. 450+ for the towing fees, i have AAA now.
              That's horrible. LOL!!
              Originally posted by E30Gus View Post
              If my oil pan breaks then I will inform the wife that I need a new engine. Then I will fix the broken pan and start to build the new engine secretly adding a turbo to it.
              Click here to leave me feedback on our transactions. :p

Comment

old thread is old
                also, if you get rear ended and there is no body damage, check the pan. happened to me
                sigpic
                Originally posted by e30hijinks
                I move faster than "the speed of light." I'm always connected to my Blackberry and am ready to purchase at a moment's notice. I do not play games

Comment

This is why you buy an Ejnight skid plate prior to lowering your car. Cmon people

Comment

Nothing wrong with searching instead of starting a new thread guys

I dd'ed a 24v e30 in VA and we did an s50 car then s52 car. Virginia roads are tough even compared to ny, I'm lucky I didn't lose a pan out of ot
                    Originally posted by blunt
                    can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

I would have thaught the best advice would be to not lower the car so much? :p

Comment

I destroyed mine and drove it home, replaced it and everything runs like a champ, m20s are beasts!
                        sigpic
                        benvideoproductions.com
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=617yNrOrRfo&

Comment

Mine's jacked up in the air on stock suspension, so no need to worry about the oil pan. I mean, there is a "little" oil leak around the engine, but I figure it's keeps the outside of the engine from rusting. :D

Comment

Originally posted by ColdAccord View Post
                            I got a slammed 99 civic for a grand because the motor was blown. How did it blow? There are a couple theories, but my leading one is that the car was soooo low (I took the bumpers and sideskirts off and STILL couldn't fit a jack underneath). I think the kid hit something (oil pan was busted into a millioin pieces) and kept driving. If you hit something, and oil comes out, STOP DRIVING. The motor may still be salvageable.

Better to pay for a tow and an oil pan that for a whole new m20.
                            I'm a bit late to the party, but if you have an eta a new motor could actually be cheaper... just sayin'
                            Originally posted by z31maniac
                            I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by yeaseth View Post
                              I destroyed mine and drove it home, replaced it and everything runs like a champ, m20s are beasts!
                              You're lucky. PO of my new car, not so lucky
                              Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                              A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Did you ever see that slick 50 commercial,i put that in my car, broke the oil pan, drove it for 20 miles with no problem. I took the broken oil pan off and none of the bearing were bad. Hows that for ya.
                                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Working...
                                X