Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear air bag install, Front air bag strut build on a e30.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mitchlevy7 View Post
    75564 is shorter then 75563..... but has less stroke. 75564 works.
    Henceforth, what I previously mentioned is still going to hold true in this scenario. The 75563 is the perfect bag for the e30 due to the overall stroke.

The stroke of the 75564 is 4.4 and the stroke of the 75563 is 5.9. Seems to me that the choice is clear because the LOA is really not that big of a difference (3~).

Originally posted by mtlbloodshot View Post
    How will the double bellow not fit? When the double bellow is aired out, it decompresses itself into a sandwich making it smaller than a rolling sleeve. When a rolling sleeve collapses, it takes a lot of expansion which may cause the bag to rub against the wheel when decompressing.
    The double bellow at full pressure measures 7 in diameter whilst the rolling sleeve bag measures 4.6 in diameter. When a double bellow compresses it actually takes up more room than a rolling sleeve bag. Just look at the simple comparison between the conti-tech FD7115 and the UAS AH2. The struts used on the BagYard product line are identical but the double bellow bag takes up far more space and actually makes it tougher to get the car lower because of the manner in which the double bellow bag collapse. The single bellow UAS allows you to get the maximum drop because you're resting the top plate against the bottom plate as there is simply no interference when the bag is fully collapsed. When you compress a rolling sleeve bag there is far less interference and only thing limiting the amount of compression is the actual stroke of the shock itself. However, the point of concern with e30's wasn't the bag at it's fully compressed diameter, it was the fact that it's 7" at 100psi.
    OPEN ROAD TUNING
    the original e30 air suspension provider
    P: 610.572.2898 // E: andrew@openroadtuning.com // Facebook // G+

Comment

Buck I ordered the AIR HOUSE 2 this morning and I wanna know if there's any clearance issues with the axles?

MY BUILD THREAD
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=235231

INSTAGRAM : @luchcolaneri

Comment

Buck I ordered the AIR HOUSE 2 this morning and I wanna know if there's any clearance issues with the axles?
        There are none with the axles. Just the axle boots if you ride with very low air pressure. If you move the bag forward 1/2 inch from center where the spring would sit. You should be able to ride with no air if you really wished.

Comment

Now if you decide to drive in a sporting fashion, how will the bags hold up to hard cornering, braking, and accelerating?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1craze30 View Post
            Now if you decide to drive in a sporting fashion, how will the bags hold up to hard cornering, braking, and accelerating?
            Depends on how much psi is in the bags. But fRom what I've read its pretty sporty.

Comment

Sway bars or not with bags? Do they create problems because on my buddies MK2 GTI, he had to remove the sway bars to achieve the lowest.

MY BUILD THREAD

Comment

Sway bars or not with bags? Do they create problems because on my buddies MK2 GTI, he had to remove the sway bars to achieve the lowest.
                I'm going to try running shorter links in the front. If not no swaybar it is.

Comment

I was just thinking about this while on the pot this morning.

Do air ride guys ever limit the upper-limit of the height adjustment to get a stiffer ride? Basically lock down the bags at a certain height so you can increase PSI without increasing ride height.

Also cups? How are those?

I was thinking about running my coilover setup with hydraulic spring adjusters, but I want more options than what I can find with hydraulic.

Derek
                  DedericMS

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
                  PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

Do as Mike says.

Originally posted by blueapplesoda View Post
                    I was just thinking about this while on the pot this morning.

Do air ride guys ever limit the upper-limit of the height adjustment to get a stiffer ride? Basically lock down the bags at a certain height so you can increase PSI without increasing ride height.

Also cups? How are those?

I was thinking about running my coilover setup with hydraulic spring adjusters, but I want more options than what I can find with hydraulic.

Derek
                    DedericMS
                    No, we never limit the upper end of the bag in order to stop travel. In a sense, that defeats the purpose. If you've never ridden in a properly setup bagged vehicle, I suggest doing so, it will change your overall outlook on air. I've been in several 500+whp cars on air and they handle just as well as a car on coils.

Cups are great for clearing driveways, speed bumps, etc. They have no 'give' so they're not going to be that comfortable. In most scenarios, using cups an overall higher spring rate.

Any questions, let me know.
                    OPEN ROAD TUNING
                    the original e30 air suspension provider
                    P: 610.572.2898 // E: andrew@openroadtuning.com // Facebook // G+

Comment

Anyone install camber plates with bags? How is it done?

MY BUILD THREAD

Comment

Anyone install camber plates with bags? How is it done?
                        Make and adapter plate out of steel. Shouldn't be difficult.

Comment

Buck russel how do I take care of the 75563 top plate?

MY BUILD THREAD

Comment

What do you mean how do you take care of it?
                            How do you make it work for your car?

Comment

Yeah the top plate that comes with the kit is HUGE..

MY BUILD THREAD

Comment

That's so you can setup where you want your wheels to sit. What I did was bought a extra plate. Cut it to the exact size of the oem top mount. Put it on the bag like normal and bolt everything into place. Mount your wheel and thn jack it up till its fully compressed. Once you do that you can see where the wheel will sit. Then measure from the wheel lip to the edge of the fender.
                                Take that plate and transfer the measurements to the new plate and cut to size. Simple as that.

Comment

Working...
                                X