Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear air bag install, Front air bag strut build on a e30.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought you just took the round plate that is supplied with the kit and made it smaller to the same size of the oem top plate. I don't understand the steps you did

MY BUILD THREAD
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=235231

INSTAGRAM : @luchcolaneri

Comment

That shock tube looks totally different than the one on my car...
      sigpic

Comment

Well I got the front kit that white told me to get

MY BUILD THREAD

Comment

You take the disc and trim it to size to fit within the strut housing. Then mark the location of the holes, drill, then press in the threaded studs. The extra steps he took were to make a set that are camber adjusted.

Your gonna need a band saw and a press. I took mine to a local machine shop after marking the size/ hole location.
          I have friends who are EOD bro.

That's awesome. I have friends who make coffee for a living, but you don't see me rocking out a bunch of lattes

Comment

I'm just going to get 75563 and the AH2's I have the e36 suspension and it has a mount point about 6inches from the bottom I'm just going to cut it just above it Wish me luck
            sigpic

Comment

They make e36 kits now.

Contact andrew@openroadtuning.com
              ORT Motorsport is owned and operated BY enthusiasts FOR enthusiasts. Founded on our passion for European/German cars – we carry everything from OEM and aftermarket Performance engine parts to wheels, custom suspension and accessories for your Volkswagen, Audi, BMW, MINI, Porsche, Mercedes-Benz and more.

Comment

Yah I messaged him. No reply yet. I'll check out the site. Thanks white
                sigpic

Comment

I got you.

Comment

I imagine the front and rear would be the same.... The only thing e36 on my car is hub's and front shock tubes....
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah. But the e36 fronts would be direct bolt in instead of a bunch of cutting and fab work.
                      I did a e36 setup on a e30 with the universal rolling sleeve. It's a pain in the nuts.

Comment

Oh nice. I'll look in to how the e36 guys did it. Sounds fun lol!
                        sigpic

Comment

That chick is my friends girlfriend hahahahah small world
                          Originally posted by White325is View Post
                          I actually pulled it all off and sold it like a week or so after h20 in preps for moving to orlando and having a good DD. But for the time I had it on I loved the ride.

This chick bought it all.

BTW, if you want super low like above. You need to chop the strut tube down to the knuckle and pretty much weld the shock directly on that. but still use the tube supplied for added support.

Comment

After reading through several write ups, white's advice, bucks advice, ordering the correct parts seems to be relatively simple. Aside from the fabrication- chopping the strut housings, fitting the top mount, etc. how difficult is setting up the actual management? Tank in the trunk, lines running to all the bags, gauges & switches in the interior, etc. What level of difficulty would you consider this to be? Professional installation recommended or can this be a DIY for an average wrencher with the proper guidelines?

Comment

It depends on what setup you run. I'm on a digital setup, so I have a single cat 5 cable going into the cabin for controls/ pressures. Then I have air lines coming from the trunk to the four bags.

If you go with an analog setup, your going to have to run air lines into the cabin then back to the bags.
                              I have friends who are EOD bro.

That's awesome. I have friends who make coffee for a living, but you don't see me rocking out a bunch of lattes

Comment

Go with a digital setup.. Such as V2. It's one of the best and easiest things you can have.

MY BUILD THREAD

Comment

Working...
                                X