Late model bumper swap fog light plugs and wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late model bumper swap fog light plugs and wiring

Whats up everyone, So recently I swapped my early model 325e bumper with the late model bumpers and wanted to put fog lights in so I bought some ebay fogs and tinted them
    As you can see, this is the back view..So as I could, I went to realoem.com to search for the correct plug to make my harness, I found it but after calling all dealerships in my area they did not make the terminals and they suggested to go to a junk yard and cut the plugs, so after calling up some yards and visiting some, I found no plugs usable :( after having my lights sit as decoration for some time, and my brothers civic's engine blowing up, I took the HID's out before the tow truck could take it and took a good look at the plugs Click image for larger version

Name:	plug for fogs 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	7233699
    and from looking at the pictures, I thought I could make this work !
    so what I did was grab a small Phillips head screw driver and jam it into the terminals so they can accept the rounded terminals in the fogs themselves
    Click image for larger version

Name:	adjust new plug.jpg
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	7233701
    Ok, now were getting somewhere. But BEFORE you plug these into the lights you will need to open the light and hold the backside of the terminals so the plug can fit on and not just push the terminals inside the light housing
    Click image for larger version

Name:	hold the terminal.jpg
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	7233702
    from here you can push the terminal in and I would suggest putting some silicone around the plug so it will hold a seal in the housing. Ok the big part is done, now all you have to do is find the early model fog plugs Click image for larger version

Name:	old fog plugs.jpg
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	7233703
    which look like this, cut the wires, sell them on ebay and wire the new plugs for your lights in ! and done !
    Attached Files
    Originally posted by LJ851

And why is there a penis on your vent opposite your non racist duck tape?
Working...
X