How To Guide - E36 Steering Rack Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may start taking ritalin too!

I know that this may be off topic but I think the Ritalin Kid rocks! Always enjoy your write ups dude:) I'm looking to upgrade my suspension and brakes. Would love your opinion. Check out my thread...please if you have time...you just seem to really know your shit!

thanks

I'll do the suspension, brakes, control arms, bushings...anything else while I'm down there?

Comment

Originally posted by Ritalin Kid View Post
      I gotta dig that spacer up out of my mess of a garage when I get a chance. Sorry for taking so long.
      k

M52 |S52 Cams|E36 Rack Swap|GC Coilover Kit |. . . . . . . . . More To Come

Comment

Originally posted by Fanzotti View Post
        I know that this may be off topic but I think the Ritalin Kid rocks! Always enjoy your write ups dude:) I'm looking to upgrade my suspension and brakes. Would love your opinion. Check out my thread...please if you have time...you just seem to really know your shit!

thanks

I'll do the suspension, brakes, control arms, bushings...anything else while I'm down there?
        If you are not going to track it then I would throw on some ATE slotted rotors all around, some good PBR or Hawk pads, replace the control arms with the Leomforder branded ones, replace all your worn rubber bushings, and a BTS suspension kit should be fine for a Daily Driver.

Comment

Dimension "Ritalin Kid".........:crazy:

Comment

I gotta dig that spacer up out of my mess of a garage when I get a chance. Sorry for taking so long.
            Really his garage looks like shit, on new years eve you could hardly get 10 feet past the door. But I'll go kick him in the balls to get him moving.
            Originally posted by KingB
            Scratch my back and I buy a prostitute for you, to rub your balls. HAHA now thats some funny shit.

Comment

Originally posted by HST View Post
              Really his garage looks like shit, on new years eve you could hardly get 10 feet past the door. But I'll go kick him in the balls to get him moving.
              ok please do.......

Comment

And the measurement is.... (drum roll please)

1.25 inches.

Comment

Perfect.......i ordered all the bolts and shit.....so imma mock them spacers up until......

Comment

And the measurement is.... (drum roll please)

1.25 inches.
                    That is uncut, correct? I'm going to the machine shop right now to get mine cut in half.
                    Slicktop City!

Comment

Originally posted by ldsbeaker View Post
                      That is uncut, correct? I'm going to the machine shop right now to get mine cut in half.
                      Correct. So once cut in half the spacers in the steering knuckle are a little more than half an inch in length.

0.625 inches each to be exact.

Comment

Hmmm thanks........im done the rack turns fine and everything.....cant believe i waited this long to do it.......But any one has a pic of a Swapped car Where the hoses are.........so i can see bcuz i dont think its the same.......

Comment

You should have 2 low pressure hoses - (one going from the resv. to the pump and one to the rack) and 1 high pressure hose that goes from the rack to the pump.

Which hoses are you not able to hook back up?

Comment

nah i wanted to know how to do the bends...........

Comment

Either carefully eyeball it and bend it by hand or purchase a pipe bender.

Comment

imma try....But thanks bcuz this was very helpful.....and i didnt have to spend all that money....imma take some pics....

Comment

Working...
                                X