No announcement yet.

Bumpers, bumpers, bumpers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the shocks the same? Or should I go with plastic bumper shocks? I assume plastic bumper shocks.

Comment

The shocks are different. Rundown on bumper shocks:

Plastics go to plastics.
      Diving Boards go to diving boards.

Now, the shocks on diving board convertibles are a little shorter than on the other diving board cars, so if you want a tuck without drilling and losing the safety factor you can swap for convertible diving board shocks. I did, and it made my coupe look better, no more buck tooth look.
      Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Thanks for the additional info. I would need some plastic bumper shocks :)

Comment

Just what I'm looking to do. How much did it tuck the bumper from the original shock??

Comment

Maybe an inch, inch and a quarter. I took before and after pics front and back but I don't know which memory card they ended up on, or where half my mem cards went so I'm assuming they are lost. It's a worth while visual upgrade in my book.
            Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Yeah, going to do that... Thanx much.

Comment

So I just got my rear plastic for 88. Came with the side supports for the body. Are the holes already there for the side supports? Will I need to measure and drill them?

What about the fronts? I know the shocks and bumper bolt on after that front and rear.

Comment

did a bumper tuck and the donkey dicks bumpers look WAY better.

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
                    So I just got my rear plastic for 88. Came with the side supports for the body. Are the holes already there for the side supports? Will I need to measure and drill them?

What about the fronts? I know the shocks and bumper bolt on after that front and rear.

Anyone?

I know the shocks will bolt on but I need to install the side supports and since I have a 1988 I assume the body already has the plastic bumper support holes for mounting said supports...

Anyone who actually did the swap on a 88 comment? Alternatively have a friend with a 1990 325i coupe so definitely could make a template if need be.

Comment

I cant remember. Sorry :(

Comment

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
                        I cant remember. Sorry :(
                        It is no big deal. Someone will chime in :)

Comment

anyone ever do a db to nondb swap? i want to.. just want to know before buying this donor shell

Comment

this is my car

ugly bumper, how can i get the bumper in the next picture to fit on my convertible, what needs to be done?
                            Last edited by custom e30; 11-16-2009, 10:51 PM. Reason: missed a step

Comment

^ Go to page 5 ... http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...t=41969&page=5

Comment

The no0bness is thick in this thread my friends.

Comment

Working...
                                X