No announcement yet.

Bumpers, bumpers, bumpers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what the valance on that red car is. If you don't want fog lights. They sell covers for the holes.

1992 BMW 325iC
    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Thanks. What does it come off? What's the lip on the bottom?

Sorry, really dumb questions I'm sure.
      Originally posted by z31maniac
      I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

It's off of any 83-85 euro car. And it uses the lip with the brake duct holes in it. The lip is on any 85 and back e30.

1992 BMW 325iC
        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
          Damn, well I'll start looking when I have the money I suppose. What valence has the foglight holes for euro's? Like an is or es or what? It looks like the valance in kronus' sig doesn't have integrated fogs.
          That pic is old, I had the US diving board valence at that point. Currently have the one JasonC posted.
          cars beep boop

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, I now know the names/parts to add to my wish list. Hopefully I can get 'em sometime.

Is the rear valance just off of any 83-85 euro car too? I dun't even know if that's a valance, whatever it is.
            I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
              Thanks for the info guys, I now know the names/parts to add to my wish list. Hopefully I can get 'em sometime.

Is the rear valance just off of any 83-85 euro car too? I dun't even know if that's a valance, whatever it is.
              That's how your rear looks when you take off the DB bumper. No modification needed.
              cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                That's how your rear looks when you take off the DB bumper. No modification needed.
                Well how convenient. :D
                I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Anyone know if fogs from a us 1987 is will fit the holes in the euro valence?
                  Project
                  Feedback

Comment

Car in question 88 325is

I understand that it just swaps in and out. Do I need just the shocks and the actual bumper part...and the valence/middle piece?

Thanks.

Comment

What are you asking more specifically? Maybe it's jsut me, but I'm confused by your question.
                      I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

The diving board part. Would just that need to be swapped off?

Comment

Has anyone seen tucked bumpers with a mtech rear apron on an 87 or older? Or can that not be done? It might look weird anyways...

Comment

Originally posted by arch4ngel View Post
                            Early / external US fogs do not fit euro valences, but, m3 and MT1 fogs will fit.

Originally posted by glasig View Post
                            Has anyone seen tucked bumpers with a mtech rear apron on an 87 or older? Or can that not be done? It might look weird anyways...
                            For sake of clarity I'll reffer to cars based on tailight size as is less confusing.

There's company that manufactures their own (fiberglass?) version of mt2 rear aprons/bumpers, they are made to fit small tailight vehicles.

I never seen anyone butcher an oem mt2 so it will fit small tailight sedans, coupes., it would be extremly difficult to do it correctly as the apron actually wraps around the rear bumper (acting as a skin).

Comment

Originally posted by arch4ngel View Post

nope...you need the euro buckets and m3 lens
                              -His-
                              87 e30 325i
                              87 e24 m6
                              05 e83 x3
                              94 e32 740i 5spd
                              -Hers-
                              89 e30 325i
                              18 f48 x1

Comment

Just wanted to drop in a smear my dick on everyone..
                                Theres been 2 complete nice early euro e30's in the pull a parts around here in the past year or so.
                                Thanks!
                                :)

ps - My euro bumpers are brand new. Took the original BMW of Italy packaging off of them. So basically you can still buy them brand new for a little bit cheaper than what people want for an entire kit used.

Comment

Working...
                                X