Clear All

Whatever you want.

Comment

please see post #422, I want to install asap
      Thanks
      344is! Obd1 conversion

sigpic

Comment

You can keep the same selector rod. The selector rod is not the weakest link of the shifting mechanism, so it's usually not changed.

If you want to upgrade to an even tighter shift, you can look into getting a DSSR from UUC Motorwerks. I'll be picking one up soon. It replaces the selector rod.
        Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
        EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
        FullOpp Stickers for sale!
        NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
        Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
        ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrift View Post
          You can keep the same selector rod. The selector rod is not the weakest link of the shifting mechanism, so it's usually not changed.

If you want to upgrade to an even tighter shift, you can look into getting a DSSR from UUC Motorwerks. I'll be picking one up soon. It replaces the selector rod.
          Thanks, I just don't want to do the job twice.
          So the kit from BMA is pretty much all I need if I understand well.

Thank you
          344is! Obd1 conversion

sigpic

Comment

Yes. BMA offers the same exact kit we do now, only 50 cents less. (Do they charge shipping?)
            Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
            EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
            FullOpp Stickers for sale!
            NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
            Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
            ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Dude. Is that BMA lever pre-bent?

If so, I will hit a kitten's face with my 2.8 lever I got from KO to get it to the proper angle.

Shipping's free at BMA for orders over $50.

Originally posted by whysimon
              WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

so would the Z4 work for me.
                Originally posted by e30e
                lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post

If so, I will hit a kitten's face with my 2.8 lever I got from KO to get it to the proper angle.

Lol, just the 1.9 iirc.
                  Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                    Lol, just the 1.9 iirc.
                    You are correct.

And not all shifters were created equal.. Just because the 1.9 is the easiest (which isnt necessarily true) it might not be the best. Definitely make sure to check the first page of this thread for comparison pictures.

That's why I use the Z3 M shifter in all of my cars. I wanted a tall shifter, but with a short throw. It is the best compromise for what I want.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer_E30 View Post
                      im guessing you didnt read the thread

at all
                      Originally posted by ebelements
                      Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post

No, the lever is straight and I actually thought of bending it but it works just fine like that for me.
                        My buddy Mike (e30this) and I installed that this weekend. It took us an hour and we had to remove the balancer. I truly advise to get rid of it if you can since it seems useless and it makes the installation a piece of cake.
                        I only replaced the parts that came with the BMA kit, it feels really tight, short but not too much and I LOVE IT.
                        Best $75.00 I spent lately.
                        By the way, shipping was free.
                        I have not tried any other short shifters so I couldn't compare but in this post there is a member comparing many different ones and I went for the Z3 2.8 based on his advice and I don't regret it.
                        344is! Obd1 conversion

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer_E30 View Post
                          Man, if you don't want to bother reading the thread (which I would do if I were you) Just go for the Z3 2.8 shifter kit. Not too short and much better than your stock one. ;-)
                          344is! Obd1 conversion

sigpic

Comment

hehehe thankls buddy.
                            Originally posted by e30e
                            lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

Originally posted by naika View Post
                              No, the lever is straight and I actually thought of bending it but it works just fine like that for me.
                              My buddy Mike (e30this) and I installed that this weekend. It took us an hour and we had to remove the balancer. I truly advise to get rid of it if you can since it seems useless and it makes the installation a piece of cake.
                              I only replaced the parts that came with the BMA kit, it feels really tight, short but not too much and I LOVE IT.
                              Best $75.00 I spent lately.
                              By the way, shipping was free.
                              I have not tried any other short shifters so I couldn't compare but in this post there is a member comparing many different ones and I went for the Z3 2.8 based on his advice and I don't regret it.
                              Snap some pictures of how it looks installed (in the unbent form) in various gears and neutral.
                              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I don't blame you guys for not reading, this thread has gotten f-ing massive!

I'm still running the Z4 3.0 lever (I think?), and love it! I also think it's starting to get a bit loose, the lever that is. Might look into getting another one just to tighten it up again.

I also bent my selector rod slightly, because I was thinking that it should be as perpendicular to the selector shaft as possible. Additionally, I've added a ton of solder around my shift lever, underneath the boot, adding mass above the falcrum, it made a nice difference combined with my custom shift knob. Love it! :)
                                - Sean Hayes

Comment

Working...
                                X