Shift Lever and Short Shifters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B_V View Post
    Keep us updated as to how that eBay shifter works out. The prices on those are phenominal. ::crosses fingers::
    this.

Comment

fixed the 2piece slop problem on the ebay shifter

This is the first one, sloppily brazed together using silver braze. The second one I did was much much cleaner, but my buddy has it so no pics of that yet. Sorry for the shitty iphone photo.

No more snap rings on the shift lever :D

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
      PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

I was messing around with the new ebay ssk today and found that:

1. You can fit a stock nylon bushing (I was testing with an e36 bushing) and use a oem shift lever with this raised shift carrier.

2. It is very difficult to get the stock lever and bushing back out of the carrier because the snap ring groove catches the nylon tabs.

So choose the right lever and buy an extra bushing if you're gonna use the stock setups.

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
        PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

What is the updated Z3 1.9 shifter number?

last time i tried to order, i asked for 25117527252 as stated in realoem and got a straight one.
          and the proportions looked exactly that of the 25117527253 (2.8/3.0) I thought this was considerably notchy - it slowed my shifts down.

...looking back through order sheets... damn theres a lot... nm, not in there.
          Last edited by xLibelle; 03-30-2009, 03:22 PM.

Comment

yeah, uhm, i think i might bite on that Kaze shifter.

have you pushed the dowel pin out yet? I want to know if they included height adjustability or if i have to modify it myself.
            Last edited by xLibelle; 03-30-2009, 09:16 PM.

Comment

I went for the X5 shifter...

Comment

whats the best short shifter with out many mods for a getreg 240 for a 318i?

Comment

I have a Z4 2.5 on my 318i g240. No mods needed, only slight complaint is that the lever isn't oriented perfectly (z4 is straight, stock is bent), but not a big deal once you get used to it.

Comment

Had a shop install a UUC SSK and drove the car for the first time last night. I was concerned that the shifter was going to be notchy and that I would be swapping it back very quickly. The mechanic I had do the install wasn't a big fan of SSK but after driving the car he had positive things to say. I am very happy, it made a dramatic difference, not notchy like the only other one I had tried (not sure what brand it was). Firm shifting with very little side to side play, definitely shorter through.
                    UUC lived up to it's advertising in my mind.

Comment

Found this thread again :-)

most unimpressive part about eBay shifter is it's sitting in by two rubber O-rings, and I couldn't stand for that. It's one thing having your shift knob fly off in between gears, and whole other thing having entire shift lever do that.

Also, I've given my Korman SSK to a friend and installed z4 3.0L shifter. Adjusted all the way down (to barely not touching driveshaft in any gear), Z4 shifter still has a shorter throw than Korman's.

Comment

any good reviews about the Bavauto ones?
                        Originally posted by e30e
                        lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

Just installed a Z3 1.9 shift levere,
                          one of the best <50$ upgraders done to my car :)

installation went like charm -
                          twist the nylon mount 90 degree, pull up the lever, place the new one, works like charm

Ron.

Comment

does any one have a rite up on how to put a Z3 shifter in a E30 ?

Comment

jack the car up and undo the circlip that's on the end of it connected to the selector rod then take two smaller flat head screwdrivers and place them in the slots on the top side of the white bushing that holds the shifter in and make them cross like an X shape and rotate the screwdrivers a bit and you should be able to rotate it enough to get the clips off that hold that in and it should be ready to pull out. It's sort of hard to explain but it will make more sense when you get there.
                              1991 318is Track Car
                              1986 190e Cosworth

Comment

Is the same shifter that blueapplesoda was using?
                                89 325i parts car
                                90 325i in progress
                                ground control 400f 700r-koni adjustables-koni adjustable sways-reinforced control arms-ground control camber plates-e36 cabrio shock mounts-4.10 lsd-5 speed swap in the works
                                --tryng to join the schwarz army one day at a time--sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X