No announcement yet.

Taurus side skirts - modification and installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those look pretty good. They definitely need a rear apron to set them off, but in the meantime, you could paint the lower portion of the existing one red, that would help a lot.

I need to get off my ass and paint/mount mine.

Comment

i love my taurus sides they are nice and the factory for paint mached up good to imo

my e30 trailer build thread http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68391

TRAILER PROJECT 85% COMPLETE
      SPORTMAXXES CAN LOOK OK

Comment

^First alpine car I've liked them on... very nice.
        "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
        -----------------------------------------
        91 318is Turbo Sold
        87 325 Daily driver Sold
        06 4.8is X5
        06 Mtec X3
        05 4.4i X5 Sold
        92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
        90 325i Sold
        97 328is Sold
        01 323ci Sold
        92 325i Sold
        83 528e Totaled
        98 328i Sold
        93 325i Sold

Comment

That Alpine car actually looks classy with the ford skirts

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

thanks
            my e30 trailer build thread http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68391

TRAILER PROJECT 85% COMPLETE
            SPORTMAXXES CAN LOOK OK

Comment

Well done on the skirts. That's by far the best Alpine car with the taurus skirts i've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
                ^First alpine car I've liked them on... very nice.
                Same. That's a great looking car.

Comment

Originally posted by 2e30 View Post
                  i love my taurus sides they are nice and the factory for paint mached up good to imo

Your car is pure sex!!!

And the reason why this car looks legit, is b/c he mounted the skirts further in then most do. Therefore they look more flush with the rest of the body.
                  Last edited by e30polak; 08-18-2008, 12:39 PM.
                  Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Is that a no-sunroof 318i? Bueller?

Originally posted by Spec View Post
                    It's a 4dr but I think they look great on my Alpine. Excuse the mismatched shades of white.

Comment

So how are people mounting them in the middle if there is a slight bow?
                      I mounted sable skirts on mine and one side is just a little warped so it bows down in the center.
                      I also mounted mine right where the black rockguard starts. I wanted the skirt a little lower and it sort of "fits" right under the body panel lip that is there. It makes the skirt follow the slope pf the body a little more too, not sticking out really square.
                      '74 2002 - Build blog at
                      nomads2002.blogspot.com

Comment

On alpine low is the way to go. Mounting where the rock guard ends looks much less chunky imho. Just bought some skirtd today for $10.00 and cant wait. Now if I could just get my reiger lip so I can paint my valances, spoiler and skirts together. Def helps to have the car lowered as well. White is def the hardest to pull off so I got my work cut out for me.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Ive read the whole thread and noone has mentioned gen1 SHO skirts. Now I know the ends are conncted to the cladding, but its only a little more modification.

They are a bit more narrow, I think they would look pretty trick.
                          -Jay

2014 NASA FL se30 champ #81
                          2001 se46 3 year plan in progress

Comment

Give it a try and post the pics ;)

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Are you going to put a Yamaha badge on your fender like that guy has, too?

Good god man, stock Taurus skirts are one thing, but come on...

Comment

Oh wow.

That Alpine car pulls those off like they should be there. Very cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X