No announcement yet.

DIY - DeBadge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you guys recommend to use when mounting it back on? want to paint mine's black.
    88 325is

Comment

3M tape works. Not harsh. Better if you want to debadge it in the future as well.
      1993 Alpinewiess Vert - Sold
      1992 Alpinewiess Vert - Sold
      1990 Lachsilber IX - Sold
      1990 Calypsorot Vert - Sold
      2005 Blue Saab 92-X - DD

Comment

gum :D

Comment

debadging gives your trunk symmetry. Plus confuses girls since without a badge they have no idea what a car is.

Comment

hmm.. not to be a giant bag of douche but you can expedite the process if you just get a stripe eraser wheel to take the glue off. I did mine in like 5 min like that.

**sorry if it's been mentioned, didn't read the whole thread**
            Youtube channel is up!-->According2Valentine

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
            If lucky, the E36 will die peacefully, in its natural habitat, and be given the prestigious honor of donating its parts to an E30
            Originally posted by J3M93
            This guy delivers, you are a boss

Comment

Resurrecting, just to say a heat gun will drop the badge off in ten seconds. It will also melt the glue and you will be done within 10 minutes. Add a little bit of polish and your good as new.
              Originally posted by Sonny
              I am a meme for our community.

Comment

i usually use blow dryer to heat up the badge and use dental floss after wards. it works fine

Comment

wassup bro.. i have a cabrio as well. i was wondering if u replace ur rear windows already....

Comment

I can't believe I read this whole thread.......

Comment

a tip i learned when removing the badge is to use fishing line and "saw" it off... but very nice write up!
                      "life's like the hair outta your ass... short and full of shit...":blowup:

Comment

Much easier way is to get fishing line or dental floss, spray wd 40 on and around the badge. Slide the line/floss under the badge floss away and it simply falls off. Wax a few times and you'll never know it was there.

Comment

Originally posted by defunkt25 View Post
                          much easier way is to get fishing line or dental floss, spray wd 40 on and around the badge. Slide the line/floss under the badge floss away and it simply falls off. Wax a few times and you'll never know it was there.
                          agree
                          sigpic

Comment

Like said before
                            Dental Floss
                            Hair Dryer
                            Fingernails
                            3M rubbing compound

I just heated it up and slid dental floss behind it bame right off without damging it. Then got and much as the sticky stuff off as i could by hand, by heating it. Then rubbing compound on a drill worked great.
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
                            1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
                            1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
                            1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

My life is now complete, I know all.
                              1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                              You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

instead of the slim tipped screw driver a putty knife works great too. its wide and razor thin. works great

Comment

Working...
                                X