No announcement yet.

DIY: Euro Bumper Install - Early Models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it cool if I put all that into the original post?

Comment

Totally fine by me man.

TIA.
      - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
      E36 325i sedan
      E30 325i sedan
      Volvo 945T

Comment

aww this was awesome! Thanks so much TDE30. This will save me lots of time and mental stress. I'll be sure to give you cred in my instal. You too Scabbzzzz

Comment

Wanna make out?

Comment

Also, tried to ad the content onto the OP, but the OP was too long after your writeup TDE30.

Comment

Your observation in the OP is absolutely correct. It's real and it's spectacular.

:D
              - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
              E36 325i sedan
              E30 325i sedan
              Volvo 945T

Comment

I know

Comment

Ok, I have found a set of euro bumpers locally on a grey market 84 320i. Will these work with my 90 325ci with the modifications on this page?
                  BMWs: 73 2002 sold, 83 320is totaled, 90 325ic sold, 04 X3 2.5i sold, 00 323it
                  Sveed: 82 Volvo 242 Turbo
                  Jap: 01 Honda S2000, 95 Toyota Land Cruiser, 05 Subaru WRX STi

Comment

I actually dont know the answer to that.
                    I've never really work with a vert too much. I know the front will work, but the back is questionable. '90 vert's have diving boards right?

Comment

Yeah, its got diving boards
                      BMWs: 73 2002 sold, 83 320is totaled, 90 325ic sold, 04 X3 2.5i sold, 00 323it
                      Sveed: 82 Volvo 242 Turbo
                      Jap: 01 Honda S2000, 95 Toyota Land Cruiser, 05 Subaru WRX STi

Comment

I'm thinking it won't work for the rear. It's a late model. My old '88 325i had DB's but was a direct swap for plastic bumpers. So I'm thinking no.
                        M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Devier View Post
                          I'm thinking it won't work for the rear. It's a late model. My old '88 325i had DB's but was a direct swap for plastic bumpers. So I'm thinking no.
                          You're thinking wrong then. We're talking about verts, not coupes or sedans.

As long as it has the smaller, shorter rear unibody valence, early model euro stuff should work and thats the story I'm sticking to unless an OG can confirm otherwise.

Comment

I think that the end caps on the bumpers are different for the hard tops and verts. Look on real oem and cross referance the numbers.

1992 BMW 325iC
                            1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                            1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

So basically its the arch that is different, but the same length on the sides? Right?

Comment

My vert is an early '91. Everything works as stated above except the rear bumper end caps (as JasonC pointed out) due to the lower rear arches. I used the coupe end caps on mine. They just don't extend forward quite enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X