BMW E30 13 button OBC PPPP Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW E30 13 button OBC PPPP Problem

I have a BMW E30 323i 1984 model which originally came out with the digital clock next to the radio. I stripped a BMW e30 325i 1989 model and harnessed the 13 botton OBC, OBC relay box and complete Loom. The plan is to fit this to my E30.
    I can confirm that my cluster is working 100%, all ights, rev counter econometer etc are all working. The cluster is a VDO cluster and the OC is also a VDO OBC.

I have connected the OBC 13 button as follows just to test it first before going through with the installation:
    Removed the cluster with all connections still in tact (blue plug, white plug and wto additinal small plugs)
    I then connected the OBC yellow harness plug to the back of the cluster.
    I also connected the green plug on te harness to the OBC.
    I grounded the harness where there is a lug with two brown wires that run to it.
    I then switched on the ignition on the auxilliary position where the radio switches on but not the cluster lights.

The OBC switches on and the display looks good but as I flip through the buttons I get the follwoing errors:
    PPPP Error on fuel consumption button
    PPPP Error on temperature button (this is understandable because I have not connected teh temeprature sensor yet)
    PPPP Error on the average speed button
    PPPP error on teh range button

All the other buttons work perfectly, I have tried teh following in order to fix this problem:
    Disconnected and reconencted the battery
    Disconnected and reconnected the yellow plug on the cluster
    Diconnected and reconnected the green plug behind the OBC
    Reset the OBC by pressing the CODE button and then pressing in the button on the right bottom corner until the speed limit button LED flashes

Am I missing something? Does anyone know what else I can do to try and fix this? Please help!
Working...
X