Miller War Chip! Tunes?!@$%^

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miller War Chip! Tunes?!@$%^

Is any one else on here running the Miller war chip on the M42?

If you are let me steal your tunne!
    The Current Army
    -(UnderConstruction) 1991 330iS 24v S52 build thread
    -1992 325iC
    -1987 E30 Truck
    -1991 332iS (BecauseRacecar)
    -1988 Dinan M3
    -1988 325iX Tribute car
    -1989 320i Touring (S52/6spd)

I would think that Miller could furnish you with a base line tune for the M42. Then it is just a matter of spending time on a dyno to tweak the tune for best performance. It goes without saying that everything else in the engine management system must be working correctly before tuning.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Dude, good luck..
      I tried borrowing a tune for a boosted m20 but no ones willing to give them up.
      and Miller wants a grip $$$ of cash..

I offloaded my miller for a MS unit from Whodwho and there's tunes everywere..
      I'll never go back... :-(

oh well good luck anyway...
      https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar...re-irs.356333/

This Forum is built on love, and powered by Sexual Tension!

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Don't they have a "war room" that you can download maps from?

Comment

It's temporarily closed down. It will be up soon but like MonkeyMadness mentioned you gotta pay to play.

Comment

it used to be free with a new purchase.

i was going to use the war chip until the "war room" was shut down to any new members for some reason.

without any customer tuning support, it lost it's shine and i moved up to an MSII
            seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

we're all discussing just base/general tunes right?

i'd imagine every motor has it's own quirks so running a map form a specific customers vehicle would be pretty dangerous, or?
              Originally posted by FredK
              However, in your absence, I will likely sit in your seat buck naked while making racecar noises as if I were maxing your E30 out on the Mulsanne Straight while allowing the perforated vinyl to soak up my butt sweat (going 200 mph does that to you).

My year in Germany
              Feedback

Comment

I'm sorta regretting my purchase of the Miller maf and w.a.r manily because I keep getting ahead of myself and thinking a miller base map using 30lb/hr injectors and 10 psi isn't gonna be enough to satisfy me. And I keep think about getting whodwho's MS box instead so I can tune for bigger injectors and more boost.
                I have to learn to keep my head straight and think that a turbo m20 2.7 on 10psi is going to massive difference over a stock 318i

Comment

Originally posted by The Humjet View Post
                  It's temporarily closed down. It will be up soon but like MonkeyMadness mentioned you gotta pay to play.
                  It's been down a year and not looking to come up anytime soon.. Sad:(

Originally posted by der affe View Post
                  it used to be free with a new purchase.
                  i was going to use the war chip until the "war room" was shut down to any new members for some reason.
                  without any customer tuning support, it lost it's shine and i moved up to an MSII
                  yep and the change is what prompted me to make the jump from miller to ms...

I'm sorta regretting my purchase of the Miller maf and w.a.r manily because I keep getting ahead of myself and thinking a miller base map using 30lb/hr injectors and 10 psi isn't gonna be enough to satisfy me. And I keep think about getting whodwho's MS box instead so I can tune for bigger injectors and more boost.
                  I have to learn to keep my head straight and think that a turbo m20 2.7 on 10psi is going to massive difference over a stock 318i
                  I'm sorry to hear that.. But if you do go MS (whodwho) is the guy to go with.. I've got nothing but good thing to say about the guy and his product.. Props for him..

+10psi on a 2.7 is going to a kick in the ass over the 318i

good luck....

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

is your 2.7 syock?

Comment

It's been down a year and not looking to come up anytime soon.. Sad
                      Well Brody mentioned something on bimmerforums that it will be up again soon and managed through the updated Miller tuning software. But it will be a paid subscription.
                      I'm not too disappointed about buying the w.a.r chip, don't worry about that but if I knew about about whodwho's box I would've gone with that instead. Mainly because it will allow me room to upgrade later.

Comment

good stuff, thanks for posting this guys
                        318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                        '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

where do i find this box?

Comment

Well Brody mentioned something on bimmerforums that it will be up again soon and managed through the updated Miller tuning software. But it will be a paid subscription.
                            I'm not too disappointed about buying the w.a.r chip, don't worry about that but if I knew about about whodwho's box I would've gone with that instead. Mainly because it will allow me room to upgrade later.
                            Did he happen to mention how much the "fee" would be?
                            Whan I bought my/your kit, the war room (with turbo tunes) fee was $80. and $40
                            for a 3.5" maf "body".

when I was ready to turbo, I called and got a quote of like $800+
                            for a turbo tune and 3.5" maf body, but no war room.. :(

R3V..

E30tech..

And if get one of these you need one of these.. I love mine!!!!! :up:
                            Last edited by MonkeyMadness; 08-22-2011, 11:08 AM.

Comment

oh man, those boost gauges are soo sleeper. Very cool
                              Originally posted by FredK
                              However, in your absence, I will likely sit in your seat buck naked while making racecar noises as if I were maxing your E30 out on the Mulsanne Straight while allowing the perforated vinyl to soak up my butt sweat (going 200 mph does that to you).

My year in Germany
                              Feedback

Comment

Working...
                              X