The WAR chip nonsensical CEL thread. Paging Brody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The WAR chip nonsensical CEL thread. Paging Brody

From what I understand this is a fairly common issue.

Couple days ago, threw a 1215.
    Yesterday, threw a persistent 1888.

What is the fix for this? The car doesn't have any driveability issues. Just a damn nonsense check engine light that means nothing.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

ditch the war chip. ;)

hehehe.. j/k. sorta. good luck, though!
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I have a constant CEL also w/ the war chip and the car runs fine

7speedshop.com

Comment

Ive heard someone mention a checksum error in the past?

Comment

That was forcedfirebird, yes. But whether or not it's a checksum error is irrelevant. The very fact that it is happening at all is a problem.

This was and still is an expensive piece of hardware. I expect it to work as designed, and nowhere is it mentioned that it's part of the design to throw random CEL's.

I know I'm not alone in this situation, all I'm asking it how do we fix it.

It runs and drives perfect, no problems. But that little red light blasting me in the face with no meaning behind it is really unnerving.

Also, nando. I would consider megasquirt, and always have considered it. It's just far more than what this car even needs or will need.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

the ironic thing is, it would probably have been cheaper, even for a really good PnP unit..
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Have you tried contacting them directly?

Comment

BMW E30 MSPNP Gen2 Plug and Play Engine Management Systems for the 1987-1993 BMW 325i and several other BMW models, installs in under 1 hour.

$799.00

This is a really good plug and play.
                It also is a datalogger. Also, it autotunes the fuel map and much more :P

Comment

Working...
                X