Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crank no start on Megasquirt. At a loss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crank no start on Megasquirt. At a loss.

I have Megasquirt v2 3.0 installed on my car and it has been running the last few months. I have been having problem with breakup issues and was out trying to adjust the potentiometers the other night when the car just shut off cruising down the road when I tried to burn a tune. The car just sits and turns over now and will not start. I used to have no problem. I reflashed the firmware back to fresh and reuploaded the tune I was on and I still can't get it to fire. I really want to get this figured out so I can get back on the breakup issue as I think it might be a pre oct 2008 that needs the different diode but that doesn't help me now that it doesn't run.

http://depositfiles.com/files/joic6sh4k Log of firing.

http://depositfiles.com/files/u4ucom0l3 My current tune.

Any help would be appreciated I have no clue what happened.

What engine are you running?

Comment

rule 1 of megasquirt: don't burn when the engine running.

Start at the basics... Does the fuel pump prime? injectors pulse? do you have spark?

It's possible that you damaged a spark or injector driver. Who knows what you tried to do to those MOSFETs.
      '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
      NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
      Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

M20B27 with the I head. The fuel pump primes. I still have to check for spark, I know that is a first step I just haven't had the time and figured I'd see if anything stood out in my log file.

Comment

nothing stood out to me, but I'm not so deep into megasquirt that I can spot issues from log files. It looks like it was attempting to fire but didn't.

Comment

So on the off chance that I did smoke a spark or injector driver can I buy those parts on diyautotune? I'm not sure what I would have to order I'm kinda lost here.

Comment

how about some details of the kit? PnP? custom wiring? FP relay working? MS getting power? communicating with your laptop? getting fuel? getting spark? does TS throw any error codes at you?

Originally posted by Jaxx_ View Post
              rule 1 of megasquirt: don't burn when the engine running.

Start at the basics... Does the fuel pump prime? injectors pulse? do you have spark?

It's possible that you damaged a spark or injector driver. Who knows what you tried to do to those MOSFETs.
              huh? of course you can burn with the engine running. how do you suppose you tune the car?
              Last edited by nando; 07-23-2012, 09:19 AM.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                huh? of course you can burn with the engine running. how do you suppose you tune the car?
                I'm pretty sure in the megamanual it says "never burn tables on running engine" or something of the sort.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxx_ View Post
                  I'm pretty sure in the megamanual it says "never burn tables on running engine" or something of the sort.
                  I'm pretty sure that has never, ever been true. Certainly not on MS2.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                    I'm pretty sure that has never, ever been true. Certainly not on MS2.
                    oh u rite

"IMPORTANT NOTE: Do NOT burn tables ('Calibrate AFR Table' or 'Calibrate Thermistor Tables') on a running engine. Even idle is NOT allowed, because these tables ONLY exist in flash, so once a table is erased, there is nothing but garbage in there until it is re-programmed, one word at a time. Until that reprogramming is complete, operating the engine is unsafe."

Apparently I understood "all tables" not just afr/thermistor.

Comment

yes, there are certain settings you are not allowed to change (calibrations, tach input settings). But anything else is fine. I also don't think TS will even *let* you burn those settings if they are marked in red.

use www.msextra.com manuals for up to date information. aside from the basic theory, much of the original megamanual doesn't really apply to newer versions of MS.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Fuse or ground?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this, I was busy all week with school and just got time to look at my car. I went and checked the basics and for whatever reason I no longer have spark. I checked from one sparkplug wire as well as straight from the coil and have nothing. I know I am getting fuel. Now I am just at a loss for why it would suddenly lose spark. I know it has good grounds and if it could be a fuse can anyone tell me which ones to check? My only other thought is to pull apart the board and replace whatever controls ignition but I'm really not sure what part that is if anyone could clue to me in to that.

Comment

Working...
                          X