is ms1 all i need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is ms1 all i need?

I'm pretty sure I don't need anything like ms3 or even ms2 because I'm just gonna be running it on a boosted m20 with the IAT sensor, wasted spark, and a electric boost controller. Anything im missing?

oh, and wideband of course

Comment

You don't need MS3 but MS2 will be much better for you. It just works much better than MS1. It's much more refined.

Comment

aah nice. thanks a lot. I will be building this myself, like from the kit or whatever. Is it just as hard to build ms2 as it is ms1?

Comment

Originally posted by Rowleym View Post
          aah nice. thanks a lot. I will be building this myself, like from the kit or whatever. Is it just as hard to build ms2 as it is ms1?
          The only real difference in building it is the daughter board, which comes assembled. You will need to adhere to the MS2 assembly guidelines instead of the MS1 guide. msextra.com has almost all of the information that you need.

MS1 will probably do okay, but MS2 has a lot of extra features that you might want. Look into this table to see the differences and if you see something that you want compared to MS1, consider the difference in price for all the extra features:
          '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
          NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
          Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

I wouldn't reccomend ms1 when ms2 is barely more, far more capable, and currently updated.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I don't think ms1 can do pid boost control.

Comment

Working...
              X