Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who can tune around here?

I am located in nova, burke va,

I am thinking about doing a m20 turbo, is there any body in the area can tune m20 turbos around here? If so what engine management do you guys use or perfer?
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Trust me it stock :yawn:

V.E.M.S

ms pnp

W.A.R chip

M20B28 Turbo

My Build Thread

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=255839

Comment

Yoshi, SN shiboujiwhatever got his car (MS) tuned at Moore Automotive. I think he had all good things to say.
      --Will

Comment

he did but i believe moore was unable to finish and the car was tossed to technica, can anyone with a m20 turbo vouch for moore?
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Trust me it stock :yawn:

Comment

try PMing FrozenSolid then. His car is a beast.
          --Will

Comment

since so many people run MS, I would suggest that and run a less aggressive version of someone's already tuned tune.
            '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
            NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
            Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

Originally posted by CarsSuck View Post
              try PMing FrozenSolid then. His car is a beast.

i live in fairfax (not far from you), and run megasquirt in my turbo e30. I did alot of street tuning on it to get it as close to perfect as i could, and then took it to moore automotive to do my timing map and touch up fueling. I think the trick with megasquirt is getting comfortable at datalogging/adjusting tables yourself. Otherwise, the tuner is going to spend alot of time/cost you alot of money to get the car spot on. Megasquirt is pretty basic as far as engine management is concerned, and you should be able to learn quick.

I beleive yoshi's issue with moore automotive was more of a timing thing (they couldnt get to his car in time) but i may be wrong. They seem like a very capable shop and chris, the tuner, is knowledgable and good with megasquirt.

Comment

Working...
              X