still more problems......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still more problems......

my reoccouring no start/ecu not powering the main and fuel pump relay issue has resurfaced, yet again.

this time i had a friend who is a retired electrical engineer help me out. we traced it down to the ground not switching once the ignition switch is turned. this is not allowing the releay to momentarily trigger to prime the fuel pump or for the ecu to light up.

well he came up with a work around to get the car running again, by wiring in a relay to trigger ground one the key is turned on.

here: is what he did in diagram form (sorry my scanner is dead)

this gets me back driving the car, but there had to be a reason why this is happening.

all of the wires check out fine and even using a continunity test they check out ok.

is this ground switching supposed to be preformed in the ms2 ECU itself and there could be something internally wrong with it?

a few months back i sent it to whowho for a full check up and other than the idle circuit not being up to par (he fixed the issue) there was nothing wrong.

like i said before, the car is running now with a removable work around, but i would like to have it working as per factory.
    seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Maybe people would answer you if you had a scanner Greg. God you're such a freaking slacker.

Comment

hey greg,

I don't know if you're still having issues with this, but my suggestion is if you have a problem again, go with the relay mod and bypass the relay transistor inside MS.

basically you wire it up like an early E30 main relay that turns on with the key rather than the DME.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
      X