Ms1v3 injector sticks open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ms1v3 injector sticks open

I have a ms1 pnp for an m50nv that I purchased second hand and when tryin to start the car it would lock up. Come to find out injector 4 goes wide open when the mega squirt is powered up. I swapped the ms out for the stock ecu to verify that the wiring harness was not the cause of the issue and when the factory 404 is installed there is no issue. I automatically assumed that it was a bad driver but being ms1 it would only be capable of batch fire correct? Meaning if a driver failed then multiple injector would open would they not?

Never heard of a pnp ms1 for m50's, i think you are right on all your assumptions, so time to dig into that megasquirt...

Comment

it sounds like something is wired wrong internal to the MS1 - it only has two injector drivers. perhaps one of the injectors is wired straight to ground.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
        it sounds like something is wired wrong internal to the MS1 - it only has two injector drivers. perhaps one of the injectors is wired straight to ground.
        I have been going through it for the past two days checking pins etc. I cannot find the problem. However injector 6 wasn't even wired. How its set up injectors 1-2 are wired and 3 is bridged because the pin is in the middle of them. and injectors 4-5 were wired to the pin and 6 had no connection. this thing is all jacked up. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about this. It's difficult to work with because I didn't built the unit. I may just scrap the pnp and buy a new preassembled unit and wire it in.
        Last edited by Gdb221; 07-16-2013, 09:18 AM.

Comment

I decided to take the easy way out and just wire all 6 injectors on the known working driver and wiring.

Comment

You will be overloading the driver running all of them on one driver, they are only rated for up to four high imp injectors.

This may help with troubleshooting -http://www.diyautotune.com/tech_articles/megasquirt_injector_driver_troubleshooting.htm
            My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
            4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

Originally posted by whodwho View Post
              You will be overloading the driver running all of them on one driver, they are only rated for up to four high imp injectors.

This may help with troubleshooting -http://www.diyautotune.com/tech_articles/megasquirt_injector_driver_troubleshooting.htm
              On their site they say you can run up to 6 injectors on one driver.

Comment

Sorry for giving misinformation... yes I think you can run up to eight on those drivers, my mind was stuck on microsquirt specs
                My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
                4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

It's cool I have no clue what I'm talking about that's why I'm asking you guys lol. The other question I have is with running all six injectors one one driver they will fire all at once. Is this alright? My tuner isn't sure this is correct.

Comment

Working...
                  X