ms3x turbo m52 swap. Im stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ms3x turbo m52 swap. Im stuck

Ok, ive gathered my parts. I have basically everything to do my turbo m52. Im coming from a turbo m20 w/ a DIYPNP that I assembeled and tuned my self. Im not completely hopless, lol

My questions are

1. So ive got the ms3 with the expansion http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/m...led-p-435.html

Im wondering how I should wire the unit into my 88. Should I use the factory m50/52 harness, and make a jumper on the DME end to goto my MS3?

Or should make a whole harness? Ive got the 12' harness's, so I can go either way.

Whats the normal way of doing this?

This is a good question.
    For the past few days I've been obsessing on one of Goathumper's (Ryan Nimick) old pnp boards.

I think it would be cool to just plug in the Standalone ecu and call it a day.

I've got some experience with megasquirt and wired and installed my own harness in my old vw. While everything worked, it was revised multiple times, and when I had to check for faults it was a pain in the ass because I didn't document everything.

To me it makes no sense to make a new harness when you already have a harness.
    All the information is readily available on the Internet.
    If you need to figure out a problem down the road, you can easily look up the wiring diagrams and don't have to go by memory.

Make a harness adapter it will make life easier in the future.

Comment

agreed. Im going to make a "PNP" setup.

Now the question is this

Should i use a m20 harness and not have to mess with the c101? and just add the vano circuitry to the harness? Possibly other things need to be added?

Or run the m50 harness i have and re-pin the c101 as i would with a normal m50/413DME swap?

Comment

I feel the M50 harness would be less work, plus all the wiring is newer, and the wiring will be gauged properly for the engine.
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
        X