Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

diy auto tune quick question (new to tuning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

diy auto tune quick question (new to tuning)

ok so I have a 87 e30 with a m20 that pushing a 60 trim turbo with 42 pounds injectors. I just got my diypnp in I went to swap out the stock ecu that I was running with the miller war set up. after swapping it all over go to start the car it will run for about ten sec or so rough and then dies smells like it flooding... is this due to having the stock o2 sensor hooked up or will that effect it I forgot to order the serial to usb adapter so I thought I try to go to the store ad get and not a single place in town has one (best buy, staples, OfficeMax, Walmart, etc.) so I am unable to see what's going on tell I get one in. so will the 42 lb injectors flood the engine or could the o2 mess up the signal?

what tuning kit did you use to swap

Comment

Do you even know if their is a base tune loaded onto the ECU?
      You need to plug it into a laptop and do at least a basic calibration before trying to start the car...
      Although you will absolutely need a wideband O2, it has no effect on how the motor runs when not in closed loop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

Is it true that you need to run Windows XP or can newer operating systems of Windows work for Megasquirt?

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

you can run any version of windows. you don't need to run XP.

you're thinking of the WAR chip.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

if the base tune is for smaller injectors you will flood the motor...

look up the correct settings for your injectors and get them into tuner studio.

o2 sensors need to be heated up before the ecu starts to use them, and you have to hit the closed loop threshold (usually temp). Get a wideband anyways.
            www.cp-e.com

1989 Zinno 325i m52 turbo coupe
            2015 Ford Fiesta ST, Daily Driver.

Comment

Working...
            X