Megasquirt on an NA engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Megasquirt on an NA engine?

Ive been reading about the megasquirt FI management system and it sounds quite interesting to me, something id like to tryout. But im wondering if there is really any point on using it on a naturally aspirated m50 or s50 engine with say a hot cam and headers etc. Im guessing that the stock fuel system is adequate for this no? would running a piggyback systemlike this just be a waste of money and a big headache or would i be able to get alot of extra hp out of it? i dunno it just seems really neat to be able to play god with your engine... course id proly end up blowing my engine up wouldnt i

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

personally if you are running a cam or something to that nature, i would say its some what cheaper then gettin a chip or close to it. you can get a used ms for about 120 or so. then go junkyard hopping and get the rest for under 200 and be able to tune you car yourself. for about the same price of a chip but then not have to get another chip if you do something else. thats my personal thought on it.

Comment

youd be lucky to get 30hp out of it.
      : : 1984 318i : : PNW E30 Crew : : Sold!!
      Now becoming the R3vlimited Pro3 car
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=93780

Comment

Unless you modify your engine mechanicaly, you won't get any significant imporvment from any managment change (MS, chip, or any other).
        If you do modify your engine mechanicaly, you may need managment changes to take advantage of it, and you defenetly need them once you exceed the limits imposed by the stock injectors and/or AFM.
        MS is cheap, but can be labor intensive, especially if you're not handy with electronics.
        By the way MS is intended to be used a stand alone system, although it can be used as a pigggyback system.

Comment

Working...
        X