Wideband Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wideband Question

I recently added MSPNP2 to my m20b25 and I'm having some issues with Wideband.
    I installed the APSX D1 Wideband with controller and I'm having issues with it reading into MegaSquirt. There are 5 wires Black(ground),Red(12v),Green(screen display), Brown(narrowband) and white(analog). am I suppose to run a wire from analog to my actual ECU or connect narrawband from the car harness to the analog wire from the Wideband.

Narrowband would go to the factory ECU. Analog (assuming it is 0-5V representing 10-20AFR or something like that) would go to the MSPNP, on whichever wire is assigned as the O2 sensor analog input. Obviously you'll need to configure MSPNP to use a wideband input with voltage/AFR settings matching the output of the controller.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post
      Narrowband would go to the factory ECU. Analog (assuming it is 0-5V representing 10-20AFR or something like that) would go to the MSPNP, on whichever wire is assigned as the O2 sensor analog input. Obviously you'll need to configure MSPNP to use a wideband input with voltage/AFR settings matching the output of the controller.

i cut the the stock o2 sensor harness and used that plug. I connected narrowband from the wideband wires to narrowband from the the old o2 harness. I basically put back the narrowband. Can i connect analog from wideband to narrowband wire form the old o2 harness? I tried calibrating wideband with the numbers i was given from the instructions but it not working since my wiring is wrong.

I appreciate the help!

Comment

Yeah, putting the wideband analog output onto the factory narrowband wire is fine, and if you are trying to actually run the car with the wideband sensor in MSPNP then it is what you want to use as the input. The factory narrowband wire goes to the MSPNP O2 signal input, correct?

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post
          Yeah, putting the wideband analog output onto the factory narrowband wire is fine, and if you are trying to actually run the car with the wideband sensor in MSPNP then it is what you want to use as the input. The factory narrowband wire goes to the MSPNP O2 signal input, correct?
          So i didn’t realize that the wideband controller was basically a stand alone and all i needed was power and ground. I just tied in the analog wire to the signal wire from the stock harness and it’s working great. I over complicated the simplicity of the wiring.
          Thanks for all the help!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X