Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speeduino DIY standalone EFI (M60 V8 content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boala View Post
    Some Questions after I read that 10 kilometer long forum that Pazi wrote above (its quite confusing because 1000 different things are discussed in one...)

1. I read about Teensy 4.1 is 1000 times faster than 2560. Can I use that for Pazi88 M60 Speedunio?
    2. Injection is only with 4 channels but I read about 8 direct controlled injectors. Is that possible with Pazi and Teensy 4.1? I dont want to squirt 1 out of 2 times against a closed valve
    3. With Pazi standard components is it possible to go directly with the standard BMW ingnition coils?
    4. I hate soldering (because I am not good in it) so to avoid stupid mistakes can i buy Pazis board somehow tested and completly finished?

I have good basic understanding in electronics but no experice with arduino or similar... If you help me I promis i will create a Documentation for dumb guys (like me) that everybody can do it afterwards by his own. First without turbo/compressor, later I will add that :)

Thanks
    1. Pasi was going through his Speeduino boards and slowly updating them to use Teensy but I don't think he updated the M60 board. (Teensy uses 3.3V instead of 5V so stuff needs to be added to allow the car's 5V sensors to be used).
      He now makes an STM32 processor board that is a direct replacement for the old arduino in the speeduino PNP board
    2. Not sure, might depend on the PNP board
    3. That is how it is intended to work, but you can modify to use others.
    4. Currently no, unless you find someone else willing to do it.

Originally posted by Boala View Post
    And one more thing.... Pazi you have a VNLD5090TR-E on your List. It's not available anywhere.... is there an other way? It looks like just a protection, the VNL5090N3TR does the same and has almost the same spec. but the pinout is different and there is no status check and only one channel. looks like a global problem so we need a solution there otherwise nobody can assemble your board
    I'm surprised that that is the only availability issue right now given the current shortage.

Originally posted by Bmw_e46 m62 View Post
    I will like to ask if this speeduino will work on m62 or m62tu engine? I have one of m62b35 and another it is m62tu b44
    but want the speeduino for m62b35.
    Check the harness pinouts in the ETMs of the M60B40 and M62B35.
    Harness is likely different, connector may have a different socket, some sensors are likely different.
    You might need to repin the harness at minimum, maybe convert to an M60 harness (if that is possible like the 24v engines?)
    Last edited by Northern; 10-29-2021, 06:14 AM.
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
    X