Megasquirt!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Megasquirt!!!

325e turbo kit... i need some info on mega squirt. can i get a base map from someone to get it started and may all their specs and a wiring diagram.

37.5lb/min or 393.75cc.min
    for 300 chp
    35lb/min or 367.5cc/min for 280 crank hp

i know im not gonna get huge power. i just want it to run ok

No.

You have to tune it yourself, or have someone tune YOUR MOTOR. No way around that.

Wiring diagrams are all on the MS website. There is nothing special about an eta at all. Just a 60-2 feeding a single coil.

Comment

actually your wrong you can use some one else base map. just depends on what ms you are running and what you set up is. go to e30tech.com and look thru there. i got mines from matt something or other, then i played with it to make it fit my car better and also have been tuning it for a while.

Comment

Don't do that.

Comment

hes asking for a base map, you can use a base map to get your car started and running then you have to tune it yourself. and that really takes only a few drives around town and on the highway. then you run a megalog and it starts to autotune itself as long as you have a wideband and some common sense.

there are quite a few ppl out there that have autotune it with megalog and megatune(both megasquirt software) that have tuned it to what they think is right and gone to the dyno and got a base map and then had it tuned by that shop and they got like 3-5hps more thats it. grassroot motorsport did a 124 volvo, that they tuned them self and then took it to a dyno and got more hps thenthe race version of the car. i personally have ms 2 cars and both you can tell a night and day difference.the best thing about ms its cheap and it can adapt to your car. unlike a chip that is only ment for 1 set up. like i am going from a m20 eta that was ms to an m50 nv turbo. and i only have to mess with min. wiring harness issues. i dont have to worry about finind someone to tune and chip my ecu. alot of the turbo guys on e30tech are using either ms or vems and they put down great numbers. but to each there own.

Comment

So,, does anyone have a map for me... just something i can use to get started on.. and to tell you the truth people on E30 tech arnt that much help im a MB tech. im new to BMW and this megasquirt so i need all the help i can get. My 12V VR6 gti i just popped in my EIP tuning chip for the big turbo i was ready.. and my A4 apr stge 3 + was just a flash for obd2 again the more help i can get the better it wud be . thanks people

Comment

whats ms are u using and whats your engine set up. i am using ms2 on a v3 board. for the eta so i have a decent map.

Comment

Megasquirt is a completely different type of fuel injection from those cars. Those are both mass air flow systems, and the MS is Speed-density.

HUGE difference in how a "base" tune acts on a motor.

Comment

do some searching on this forum there are some who are running MS although I have no idea if they have a turbo setup either...

Comment

Well i still havnt put the turbo it . im still working on plumbing from this EABY kit i bought from my buddy. im just getting everything ready before everything is put together.
                    I still dont get what injectors i should use..
                    i will be using Vortech FPR ,wrlbro255 pump
                    post some pics of ur fuel set ups please

Comment

http://www.e30tech.com Read the FAQ in the turbocharging section...
                      :: PNW Crew ::
                      '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

backtrail that is a good looking 4-door. oh my god.

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
                          Megasquirt is a completely different type of fuel injection from those cars. Those are both mass air flow systems, and the MS is Speed-density.

HUGE difference in how a "base" tune acts on a motor.
                          huh? do you actually know anything about megasquirt, or are you just making stuff up?

MS can be setup for lots of things - speed-density is one. You can also do Alpha-N, MAF, or a blend of speed-density and one of the others.

there are lots of people that can help you with a base map. I started with one from mattd860 (MSII V3.0). it took me about an hour to get MS in my car, swap sensors and start it up.

tuning takes quite a bit more time, but saying you can't get it started with somebody elses map? you're smoking crack. there are tons of people running MS on E30s, all sorts of different configurations available and they're willing to share their setups. not only that, the basics are all the same between E30s. once I had my base settings, I've never once had to touch them since.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Speed density is the only scheme people usually run.

Of course you can get it started with someone elses map, but if you try to drive on someone elses map, it's not safe. Even the same motor running the same turbo at the same boost can have pretty different VEs. Different VEs mean your AFRs won't be on target and your timing won't be on target. It's not like you'll just be down on power, you run the risk of blowing something up if you drive at high load on a "base" map.

Comment

nobody is saying go out and run full boost with any old map. there are ways of dealing with the "chicken and egg" situation though. I don't know what else you suggest? starting from scratch? it's a waste of time when most of the work has been done by somebody else.
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                              X