Looking for help to dial in my tune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for help to dial in my tune

So I was having some issues with my idle after coming back to the car and trying to dial in the tune. I have figured out my previous RPM and erratic O2 sensor issues. I am now looking to fix my idle and to try and get this thing running decently.
    Short story: fixed the idle going from 2200- to now being around 700ish and seeming to be okay. Went to test my new brakes (redid the whole system) and car dies when I remove my foot from the clutch at all.

Longer story- I have been messing with my idle to try and get it to work after warmup, it would be fine and then shoot up to 2200-2500 RPMS and just sit there. I think I have fixed that issue for now, but am unable to put the car under any load, it dies when I remove my foot from the clutch so I cant really drive it.

I don't really understand what I'm doing, and am pretty lost.
    I am trying to figure it out, I have been trying to source advice, but I believe there is probably an underlying issue somewhere in my tune.

Hoping someone could look it over and point me in the right direction.

Here is a link to my google drive with 4 files of the car.

85% of the time i have no idea what I'm doing

small update: got my car to idle and drive! PWN was inverted causing the idle issue, and then I smoothed the duty cycle out and raised it a bit. Idles now at around 1k-900.

Car drove around the neighborhood and shifted etc just fine. Runs a bit rough and I can sometimes feel is oscillating but its better, much better. Slowly figuring it out via reading forums and watching videos.

Comment

I HIGHLY recommend contacting Sssquid Tuning. I have worked with Jay over there for a couple of years now on tuning my car and reverse engineering Motronic stuff, and he is super knowledgeable and detail focused. Obviously it is not free since he is a professional tuner, but he is also very reasonable in his pricing, and I'd bet that he would have you running great in a very short period of time versus how long it would take hobbyists like us.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post
        I HIGHLY recommend contacting Sssquid Tuning. I have worked with Jay over there for a couple of years now on tuning my car and reverse engineering Motronic stuff, and he is super knowledgeable and detail focused. Obviously it is not free since he is a professional tuner, but he is also very reasonable in his pricing, and I'd bet that he would have you running great in a very short period of time versus how long it would take hobbyists like us.
        While I may end up going this route, I would like to learn the basics of tuning and how to get my car at least viable for street driving. I plan on adding a M30 swap to the mix soon and so itll be easier to learn on my M20 and get that figured out. Just trying to pick up a new skill.

But I appreciate the reference, Ill reach out and see what his rate is.

Comment

Sure thing. I also initially approached the tuning thing from a "I'll figure it out" standpoint, and I was able to get some stuff right. But, professional help basically got me light years further than I ever would have gotten myself, at least in a reasonable amount of time. Anyway, it is definitely a good learning experience and it sounds like you are looking for that.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Working...
          X